Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

The question is, is the station so far behind, that it would delay the installation of track, power, and other systems?

Good point. I wonder if, if it becomes clear that the timeline for opening will not be met and everything else with the subway extension is ready for opening, if they would re-jig the construction schedule for Pioneer to move track work up in the timeline, and any 'non-operational station work' back? I mean like, if you have a choice between scheduling an escalator delivery and related work or scheduling track installation and related work, that the latter would be moved forward. If worse came to worse, hopefully the TTC could open the line but bypass Pioneer, with it looking much like the construction currently happening at Union.

In theory, it makes sense. It would probably annoy York, given their desperation to get the buses off the campus

York has been then since the late 60's and the bus issue has been around for decades. A few months delay should hardly be annoying.

So a storage track? I wasn't aware there were any on this line, I thought all the new trains were being stored at a slightly expanded Wilson yard..

So a storage track? I wasn't aware there were any on this line, I thought all the new trains were being stored at a slightly expanded Wilson yard..

There's plenty of storage tracks in the system; they are used for short-turns, temporary storage of trains with mechanical problems as to keep them out of the way, or in some cases to store the occasional train overnight to save sending a train all the way from the yard to start service the next morning, allowing a few trains in the other direction to start service before they could get from Wilson or Greenwood.

I thought they were going to be short-turning at Downsview (Sheppard West) though? But come to think of it, Finch West would make more sense, as that way LRT transferees could board empty trains (not that the ones coming from north of there won't be 70% empty too).

Looks to be part of Finch West Station.

There is a double-crossover to the south of Finch West Station, immediately south of Finch Ave. West. The storage track is located to the north, immediately north of the station box, and located underneath the hydro corridor.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

A lot of rerouting I imagine.

Looks like VIVA will no longer go directly to York U. Here's hoping this doesn't mean students will be required to pay a double fare to transfer to the subway to make it down to York U :S

Looks like VIVA will no longer go directly to York U. Here's hoping this doesn't mean students will be required to pay a double fare to transfer to the subway to make it down to York U :S

That may be tough to avoid without a radical overhaul of the fare system. Hopefully this will be the catalyst for at least a TTC revamp, if not a region-wide one. It's desperately needed. An "I swear I'm only going to York U, please don't make me pay double" honour system probably won't work.

Back