Toronto Southcore Financial Centre & Delta Toronto | 159.71m | 45s | GWL | KPMB

Shouldn't the tallest buildings, that can't be avoided, also be the true landmarks and the most pleasing to the eye? ...
And of course, nobody is saying that ALL beautiful buildings must be supertalls, only the ones where it's suitable. (like this one)

How is this tower, at ~50 floors, NOT a landmark? It's still quite tall and well-designed, and doesn't require another 20 storeys to be even MORE noticeable.

This whole constant "it should be taller" thing IS tiresome, you have to admit. Were this tower 70 floors, people would want it to be 90. If it were 30, people would say 50 would have been just right.

Let's just agree that we enjoy its design.

This is already a tall all-hotel tower. I don't know if Delta would have needed a 70-floor that was just a hotel.

How is this tower, at ~50 floors, NOT a landmark? It's still quite tall and well-designed, and doesn't require another 20 storeys to be even MORE noticeable.

This whole constant "it should be taller" thing IS tiresome, you have to admit. Were this tower 70 floors, people would want it to be 90. If it were 30, people would say 50 would have been just right.

Let's just agree that we enjoy its design.

Where did I say that this building is not a landmark? I just said it would be more prominent if it was 20 floors taller. I want great buildings to be visible to as many areas of the city, as possible. I'm still waiting for a landmark supertall. I just hope it happens in my lifetime. (Preferably around the Yonge/Bloor area?

24 October 2013: I had to make a critical decision when I saw this view:
cd5r.jpg

Should I go there or should I not go there?
Screw it, I had an hour to kill, so WTF not? :D
auv4.jpg

kjzb.jpg

8eqc.jpg

n66i.jpg

y4lu.jpg

6jh7.jpg

ncyi.jpg

sto3.jpg

And then I discovered the PATH! So that's where y'all hang out at 7AM, eh?!

Was leaving the Ripleys Aquarium last night and took this

4vxulYQ.jpg

I love these pics. Thanks for posting. Something about this whole area I like. Not sure why.

Back