Toronto Southcore Financial Centre & Delta Toronto | 159.71m | 45s | GWL | KPMB

At least we know a restaurant will be on the ground level. I suppose the patio will have a nice view of the tracks?

The hotel's ground floor will host a contemporary 230-seat restaurant featuring an 80-seat outdoor patio and bar with views of the surrounding South Core cityscape.

You made my day with this front page story! When I hear, "Southcore," I think "Delta". This one building makes the whole area come together for me. A close second is the Ice buildings, but they are still second in my books. The setting, exposure, and simple elegance of the Delta is top notch. The developers/owners have a lot to be proud of here. You do, too, with your great photos and article :)

From my balcony.

10178212175_d1fd72a990_h.jpg

You made my day with this front page story! When I hear, "Southcore," I think "Delta". This one building makes the whole area come together for me. A close second is the Ice buildings, but they are still second in my books. The setting, exposure, and simple elegance of the Delta is top notch. The developers/owners have a lot to be proud of here. You do, too, with your great photos and article :)

Thanks! Here are a few more shots from yesterday that didn't serve any purpose for the article:

The inset box section about halfway up the tower's north face is where the 16 extended stay suites are located.

WkRRvph.jpg

I can't wait to photograph the lighting feature for this dark glass reveal section

aM15Ved.jpg

Progress on the stone podium cladding:

Q7fPHBx.jpg

sF1RzZW.jpg

Read the front page article!

The overall design, as well as the detailing, already strike me as far better than most P+S/IBI commissions. It's looking great! Also, this project is a great reminder that spandrel panels that have shadow-boxes incorporated into them can actually look superb, and take away that flat, opaque quality that often makes spandrel panels look poor on many of the residential towers in this city. I'm also a sucker for Vancouver-style glazed canopies.

Here are two close-ups I took earlier today:

BllSJqy.jpg

9WJhzj6.jpg

Quick cellphone picture from today. Loving this cladding:

WP_20131010_003.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20131010_003.jpg
    WP_20131010_003.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 704
This is how the recently-named southcore looked like when I moved downtown in 2008:

8607805012_2337f23fe1_h.jpg

In just five years, this is how it looks like now......and more to come :)

10233333446_fadaea463b_h.jpg

Back