Toronto SIX50 King West | ?m | 16s | Freed | Core Architects

the landscape for the terraces is still pending on the King building and that is going to add a lot of life to that building

Actually I agree with you that the renderings did seem lighter. You could not tell that they would use black brick and then have white accents. I thought the buildings would be white. That being said however, I think that I like how the King St. building turned out better than in the rendering. It will also be interesting to see when the box wood hedges get done on certain floors how that will look. I expect it will look really good. I dont like how the white concrete turned out on the Portland buildings. Up close it seems unfinished to me, and it is pock-marked everywhere on the concrete. They only painted the concrete white, which is why I prefer what they have done to Six50, and I am pleasantly surprised that it looks as good as it does.

January 27, 2012.

6772806951_5822634912_b.jpg

6772807615_e9eb2be32b_b.jpg

6772808265_b0be1217ea_b.jpg

The King building is squat and chunky and the Bathurst building is misshapen and bulky. Not Core's best work here.

I personally really like this building. It has some nice complexity in its external facade that I think fits really well into the area.

Looking at that Church there, though...it seems to be it's been under reno for ever.

Back