Toronto SIX50 King West | ?m | 16s | Freed | Core Architects

July 23
5970318099_4311bfc9e9_b.jpg

5970334197_d5c4d1b7a5_b.jpg

5970346993_15a0bd89f7_b.jpg

5970896026_9051e41345_b.jpg

How long is B+K going to be shutdown?

King Streetcars are to start running on Wed with parts of Bathurst on Thursday.

The intersection is to be plane on Monday and pave on Tuesday.

For rebuilding a full Grand Junction, not bad for 2 weeks of work. Hydro is the hold up as they finally finishing their work this weekend to allow the rebuilding of the road, curbs and sidewalks.

The new 2.4m platform still has be be built for the northbound one that was too narrow and short for the new cars. There was talk about a southbound being built considering they wasn't one there before nor indication of so at this time. Time will tell if it does get built.

King Streetcars are to start running on Wed with parts of Bathurst on Thursday.

The intersection is to be plane on Monday and pave on Tuesday.

For rebuilding a full Grand Junction, not bad for 2 weeks of work. Hydro is the hold up as they finally finishing their work this weekend to allow the rebuilding of the road, curbs and sidewalks.

The new 2.4m platform still has be be built for the northbound one that was too narrow and short for the new cars. There was talk about a southbound being built considering they wasn't one there before nor indication of so at this time. Time will tell if it does get built.

Cool, thanks

Pic taken Sept 14, 2011

Complex facing Bathurst St.

JOrsF.jpg

Yes- imo all of Freed's projects since Thompson hotel have been underwhelming rush jobs with no redeeming features.
Though Thompson project still has many issues, the lest of which is skyrocking condo fees in the first 1-2years. :eek:

I live in the immediate are and walk Wellington-Stewart-Bathurst-King strees all the time.

For such a blanc building I wish they used a nicer window system....all those thick grey mullions are ugly. Yuck.

We finally have a dataBase entry up for this project (it's our 217th entry if anyone other than me is counting) with a pile of close ups that no-oe else has published before. You can see them here.

Thanks for all your hard work interchange. The UT dataBase is an important resource used not only by those in the industry, but also by many in school looking for precedents and best practices for their term projects. Your efforts are much-appreciated by everyone.

Great shot Red Mars! We have used it to illustrate a brand new interview with Peter Freed, which you can read here.

The article gives good insight into his next long range focus. I thought he might have had more powder left for King West Central, maybe something along Portland again.

Back