Toronto Ryerson University: Daphne Cockwell Health Sciences Complex | 105.76m | 27s | Ryerson University | Perkins&Will

I didn't realize this was already starting. That's awesome. I've wanted to see this lot go for ages. It's such a key location.

As for the Bay St. comments, I actually like walking down Bay St. It's not too busy, there's a decent canyon, and it feels very big city. I take it over Yonge almost every time.

I think we can all agree that whatever was there before, was probably better than a parking lot.

Indeed it was better than a parking lot. It was the Sam The Record Man warehouse. Lots of great music passed through there over the years.

Here is a photo from the City of Toronto Archives as to what used to be on the site. We continue to see more and more building foundations/random debris exposed as they continue to dig under the parking lot surface.
b36jh7F.jpg

I didn't realize this was already starting. That's awesome. I've wanted to see this lot go for ages. It's such a key location.

As for the Bay St. comments, I actually like walking down Bay St. It's not too busy, there's a decent canyon, and it feels very big city. I take it over Yonge almost every time.

Yes, Bay is the most solid canyon in the city, from what I can tell. If it only had remotely-decent/consistent retail, and a bit less R.O.C.P.-like, Mississauga-esque architecture, it would be my favourite street.

The studio space in the Ryerson School of Urban & Regional Planning would definitely have a great view of this (until it's completely blocked by this building, that is).

That's where our construction photos are coming from. We are enjoying the view while we still can!

The George Vari Engineering and Computing Centre (Engineering Building) has a great view of the site for now. Eventually that building will be in the shade which is quite unfortunate.

Work started early November. Initially it was covering the windows of the building beside it to the north.

^^The windows are pretty clear in the little kitchenette area with the couches.
Anyway, here's an update from today:
IMG_0207.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0207.JPG
    IMG_0207.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 943

Back