Toronto Royal Ontario Museum | ?m | ?s | Daniel Libeskind

^ Well, yes. So would a coating of solid platinum, vitrolite, or kryptonite. Practicality (and "actually being possible") has to count for something...

True but in my mind the result has been an aesthetic compromise. I wonder if it would have been possible to make the vertical bands with a material that would have provided a richer or more textured surface?

alklay:

I think a textured surface is exactly what they're trying to avoid though, considering how geometrically exact the cladding units are.

AoD

What about wood decking? stain it, attach some deck chairs and a bbq at freakish angles. instant canadian icon.

lol, in that case we should have shaped the expansion like a giant maple leaf that hovers over the street.

A Parka of paint?

Hmm.

Recolouring the OCAD could always become a student project; watching them do it would be performance art.

OCAD really should be repainted. I dislike the black and white kinda checkered look.

And as this shall be my first post, allow me to introduce myself as the member formerly known as "dashingdan".

Yeah, my hat's off to you for remembering how to spell that every time you log in.

I'm getting worried!

I was so excited about this project for the longest time but with this final cladding, my hopes are fading fast. It's losing some of its luster.:mad:

I was so excited about this project for the longest time but with this final cladding, my hopes are fading fast. It's losing some of its luster.:mad:

Yeah, the whitish crystal is not quite as effective as it could be... although I'll reserve final judgement until it's completed. I'd like to see some images under sunny conditions.

I'd like to see some images under sunny conditions.

I'll try to get some up that I took this weekend, including some where the cladding looks silver...

Back