News   Apr 23, 2024
 154     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 654     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 429     0 

Toronto Ridiculous NIMBYism thread

If there was a LRT by now, more people would be using it to get to the subway. Alternatively, it would be faster to use GO.

Warden station is near St Clair not Eglinton. The crosstown won’t feed it.

I do use GO often, it just depends if I’m heading closer to Bloor or Union.

_1_sherwoodforrest12.jpg

Corrado has had a hand in building several seniors' homes in Ontario and said retirement homes have been "welcomed" into most neighbourhoods.
He said he and the sisters have been "flabbergasted" by the reaction of Sherwood Forrest residents at the meeting.
"I was genuinely surprised how nasty and venomous people were for an upscale, upper-middle-class neighbourhood like that," he said.

1576104455264.png

This case of NIMBYism seems to me to be especially egregious, even for this thread's standards. How can you rile up against nuns building seniors housing?

This case of NIMBYism seems to me to be especially egregious, even for this thread's standards. How can you rile up against nuns building seniors housing?

I can see why - Sherwood Forest is a particularly self-enclosed subdivision - and demographically akin to midtown.

AoD

Well that is a change from the cross-armed frownie pose.

It's a trap.

They want you to think they're reasonable and friendly people...but, really, they're just selfish wankers like the rest of them dirty NIMBYs.

Up in arms over a seniors residence. That's just.........some people's kids....or parents, in this case.

1576114088152.png

Roomful of seniors complaining about seniors housing, while believing they won't be users of said type of housing one day. There is some poetic justice to be had a decade or so down the road, I'd say.

AoD

Back