Toronto Richmond Adelaide Centre: EY Tower | 188.05m | 40s | Oxford Properties | Kohn Pedersen Fox

With KPMG and Deloitte at Bay-Adelaide Centre, and Ernst & Young here, Adelaide West will become Toronto's accounting row.

Also seems that Deloitte & Touche LLP will be leasing space here to

The largest prime office tower opening in the next decade is the Richmond Adelaide Centre, also developed by Oxford Properties, a unit of Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System. The futuristic-designed building will have Deloitte & Touche LLP occupy some of its almost one million square feet. A smaller office block at 134 Peter St. is under development by Allied Properties REIT.

Ineresting article on the Toronto office market
Toronto Offices Passing NYC on Cheap Funding: Mortgages......http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-02-01/toronto-offices-passing-nyc-on-cheap-funding-mortgages.html

Also seems that Deloitte & Touche LLP will be leasing space here to

The largest prime office tower opening in the next decade is the Richmond Adelaide Centre, also developed by Oxford Properties, a unit of Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System. The futuristic-designed building will have Deloitte & Touche LLP occupy some of its almost one million square feet. A smaller office block at 134 Peter St. is under development by Allied Properties REIT.

Ineresting article on the Toronto office market
Toronto Offices Passing NYC on Cheap Funding: Mortgages......http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-02-01/toronto-offices-passing-nyc-on-cheap-funding-mortgages.html

This doesn't make sense. If Deloitte needed more space, why wouldn't they just take it in Bay-Adelaide East? Could the writer of the article be confusing the two developments?

That's my bet.

Building Application Status

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5H 1S3

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 116078 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Feb 5, 2013

Project: Non-Residential Building New Building

Description: Proposal to construct new office building, 42 storey with 5 levels of parking. See previous 12-283390 ZPR.

Please find attached our Q4'12 Toronto Office Market Report.

SUMMARY: The Financial Core vacancy rate decreased from 5.1% to 4.6% (quarter-over-quarter).

The current trend is migration to the financial core and flight-to-quality (i.e. tenants moving from Class “B” to Class “A” buildings). Most recently, Zurich leased 90,000 SF at First Canadian Place (moving from 400 University), and Laurentian Bank leased 160,000 SF at Commerce Court West (moving from 1 Toronto Street, College Park and 130 Adelaide Street West).
Commerce Court West has experienced a dramatic turnaround. Ten months ago, 20 floors were available for lease. All floors have since been leased or are under option. Notable transactions included Laurentian Bank, Chubb, Equinox and Inmet Mining.
Eight new office towers are currently under construction or redevelopment downtown (i.e. south of Bloor). The most recent announcements are: 1 York Street (to be anchored by HOOPP - 132,000 SF) and 100 Adelaide Street West (Ernst & Young – 225,000 SF).
The new office buildings will total 5.6M SF and will add 10% to the existing downtown stock. The completion dates range from 2014 – 2017.
I hope you find these reports useful and invite you to contact me if you have any further questions. If you do not wish to receive future editions of this quarterly report please email your request to...

The last office tenants moved out of 100 Adelaide over the past days, and the building is now empty, except for the two storefronts on Adelaide - Bendix Foreign Exchange and the Pizzaiolo restaurant - both of which expect to be gone in the next two to three weeks. The inner lobby doors to the elevators at the ground floor have also been locked shut.

I am not sure if anyone has posted these yet but here are a couple pictures of the model in the EY offices.
EY3.jpg
EY1.jpg
EY2.jpg

Attachments

• EY3.jpg
    EY3.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 797
  • EY1.jpg
    EY1.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 796
  • EY2.jpg
    EY2.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 789

SUMMARY: The Financial Core vacancy rate decreased from 5.1% to 4.6% (quarter-over-quarter).

The current trend is migration to the financial core and flight-to-quality (i.e. tenants moving from Class “B†to Class “A†buildings). Most recently, Zurich leased 90,000 SF at First Canadian Place (moving from 400 University), and Laurentian Bank leased 160,000 SF at Commerce Court West (moving from 1 Toronto Street, College Park and 130 Adelaide Street West).
Commerce Court West has experienced a dramatic turnaround. Ten months ago, 20 floors were available for lease. All floors have since been leased or are under option. Notable transactions included Laurentian Bank, Chubb, Equinox and Inmet Mining.
Eight new office towers are currently under construction or redevelopment downtown (i.e. south of Bloor). The most recent announcements are: 1 York Street (to be anchored by HOOPP - 132,000 SF) and 100 Adelaide Street West (Ernst & Young – 225,000 SF).
The new office buildings will total 5.6M SF and will add 10% to the existing downtown stock. The completion dates range from 2014 – 2017.
I hope you find these reports useful and invite you to contact me if you have any further questions. If you do not wish to receive future editions of this quarterly report please email your request to...

What are the 8?
1) Bay Adelaide East
2) 100 Adelaide
3) RBC - Waterpark Place III
4) 1 York
5) Bremner
6) Allied
7) Great Gulf - King East (?)
8) 16 York (?)

Def 1-6 are under construction - am I missing anything?

The current trend is migration to the financial core and flight-to-quality (i.e. tenants moving from Class “B†to Class “A†buildings). Most recently, Zurich leased 90,000 SF at First Canadian Place (moving from 400 University), and Laurentian Bank leased 160,000 SF at Commerce Court West (moving from 1 Toronto Street, College Park and 130 Adelaide Street West).

Can you provide the source for this quarterly report? Is it Colliers'; Cushman Wakefield? Other? I'm actually doing some research on this topic. Thanks.

Adding 10% to existing downtown office stock is very impressive! I wonder when they will begin construction on 100 Adelaide.

Back