Toronto Richmond Adelaide Centre: EY Tower | 188.05m | 40s | Oxford Properties | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Hmm, unless they have changed the design, i see 5 storeys of mechanical on that last rendering...i guess we will have to wait for more info on design and final height of this one.

By the way, with 100 Adelaide and 16 York about to break ground and five more (BAC-2, 1 York, QRC-West, Bremner Tower, Waterpark Place-3) under construction.
...2013 will see downtown Toronto with 7 new office towers of aprox. 6 million sq.ft. on the go...not too shabby:cool:

since when is 16 york moving ahead? last I heard it was still looking for tenants..

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't think that has anything to do with it ... this is as tall as they chose to build, they could have asked for more (around 220 or so). But I don't think they secured enough large tenants and wanted to go ahead anyway.

I guess somewhere between that and 200m....NPS shadowing is an issue, Indx got stuck at 180m because of that:mad:

Maybe I'm a bad guy, but I can't wait for the day some big bad developer proposes some ugly slab that will entirely shadow NPS and City Hall. Everyone cries bloody murder and its rejected by the city followed by quick approval by the OMB and construction. We would never ever never have to hear about shadowing issues on NPS again, ever!

When I visit Toronto, NPS has to be my least favorite public square/park. I never understood the appeal or why it commands the ironclad height limit that it does on surrounding buildings to prevent any additional shadows. I especially hate the view of Sheraton Center (Centre) from NPS. Uggh!

(Please just don't take this post seriously. Just a rant)

Maybe I'm a bad guy, but I can't wait for the day some big bad developer proposes some ugly slab that will entirely shadow NPS and City Hall. Everyone cries bloody murder and its rejected by the city followed by quick approval by the OMB and construction. We would never ever never have to hear about shadowing issues on NPS again, ever!

When I visit Toronto, NPS has to be my least favorite public square/park. I never understood the appeal or why it commands the ironclad height limit that it does on surrounding buildings to prevent any additional shadows. I especially hate the view of Sheraton Center (Centre) from NPS. Uggh!

(Please just don't take this post seriously. Just a rant)

It is hot as hell in that square in the summer, I wouldn't care if half of it was in the shade.

The rendering near the end of the video looks to be the most realistic assessment of the current building floor count. I think it is less than what is suggested in this thread title.

That was the 28-storey version. Thank goodness we're not getting Stumpy here.

by far one of the nicest proposals i have ever seen in toronto. if this beauty goes up it would probably be the nicest tower in toronto. Commerical towers rarely disappoint when they're built, but i hope city hall doesn't mess with this tower( chop it down in size) because it would be murder.

Somehow, the fact that my comment about the exposed Deco ceiling in the lobby has got totally lost in the thread's ozone says something a little ominous about UT these days...

Somehow, the fact that my comment about the exposed Deco ceiling in the lobby has got totally lost in the thread's ozone says something a little ominous about UT these days...

Pics or GTFO?? It's a joke joke joke... please don't ban me.

Back