Residences Of College Park Condos | ?m | 51s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

dt_toronto_geek

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
A larger park and I think some surface parking (mid-late 90's). On occasion I used to play ball with my previous dog there at night when I lived two streets north.

mjl08

Member Bio
Reaction score
I would have preferred the old parking lot. ROCP 3 look like an Alsop next to those twin monstrosities.

dt_toronto_geek

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Except for the glass extensions around the top of the buildings they turned out crap-tastic, just like the renderings suggest!

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Anybody know what was on the RoCP 1 and 2 site before? Maybe a parking lot or something? Pictures?
In the early 20th century it was the site of Bishop Strahan School. (see this from Wiki: "Bishop Strachan School first opened September 1867 at Pinehurst, near the Art Gallery of Toronto (currently the Art Gallery of Ontario), then relocated in 1868 to a cottage on Front Street, and then relocated to Wykeham Hall at Yonge and College Streets in 1870. There is a historical marker on the College Park building at the SW corner of Yonge and College Streets. In September 1915, Bishop Strachan School opened as a large gothic-style structure, made of Credit Valley limestone, at its present-day Forest Hill location at 298 Lonsdale Road.") Here is the info from the 1910 Goad.

BishopS.jpg

Attachments

• BishopS.jpg
    BishopS.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 627

whatever

Member Bio
Reaction score
And Ann became Granby. For something as basic as a street grid it's interesting to see how much it's changed in just a century.