Toronto Residences Of College Park Condos | ?m | 51s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

A larger park and I think some surface parking (mid-late 90's). On occasion I used to play ball with my previous dog there at night when I lived two streets north.

Except for the glass extensions around the top of the buildings they turned out crap-tastic, just like the renderings suggest!

Anybody know what was on the RoCP 1 and 2 site before? Maybe a parking lot or something? Pictures?
In the early 20th century it was the site of Bishop Strahan School. (see this from Wiki: "Bishop Strachan School first opened September 1867 at Pinehurst, near the Art Gallery of Toronto (currently the Art Gallery of Ontario), then relocated in 1868 to a cottage on Front Street, and then relocated to Wykeham Hall at Yonge and College Streets in 1870. There is a historical marker on the College Park building at the SW corner of Yonge and College Streets. In September 1915, Bishop Strachan School opened as a large gothic-style structure, made of Credit Valley limestone, at its present-day Forest Hill location at 298 Lonsdale Road.") Here is the info from the 1910 Goad.

BishopS.jpg

Attachments

• BishopS.jpg
    BishopS.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 866
Interesting that College St used to be College Ave, I wonder why they changed it?

And Ann became Granby. For something as basic as a street grid it's interesting to see how much it's changed in just a century.

Back