Toronto Residences Of College Park Condos | ?m | 51s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

No one will be moving in until safety services for the whole building are fully operational, tested and pass fire code. That won't happen any time soon.

Moving in as of July 31 has been reconfirmed by the builder ... air conditioning will not be working for a month or so after that, so they are offering residents the option of moving their move-in dates up to August 31 instead.

It's gonna be heartbreaking for people moving into south-facing units. Now you see Toronto, now you don't.

Moving in as of July 31 has been reconfirmed by the builder

I'm stunned that you have an occupancy date that is a week away when the roof is still incomplete, the site is surrounded by hoarding and fence & a crane still hoovering overtop. Things sure have changed.

Have you done pre-inspection yet?

Sir Novelty: Mark my words, widespread highrise NIMBY-ism before the decade is over.

I'm stunned that you have an occupancy date that is a week away when the roof is still incomplete, the site is surrounded by hoarding and fence & a crane still hoovering overtop. Things sure have changed.

Have you done pre-inspection yet?
Yes, the inspection was over a month ago. I'm just as stunned as everybody else, it does seem bizarre indeed. But I thought I'd relay the information anyways, since people here seemed interested. I am assuming that they are going to have a big push this week to get at least the basics done as soon as possible...

For the higher floors, however, inspections haven't even been scheduled, afaik.

In order to move in you just need running water and heat during the winter. That's it. There is no requirement to have flooring, appliances or parking completed to move in. As long as they have fire inspection (which comes with having the sprinkler systems and certain ventillation done) people can live there.

However, it is clear they missed their deadline. What they've done is offered people the opportunity to move in as promised or delay by one month. By offering them that option, they face no penalties. Definitely low class to say the least. I expected more from Canderel.

It will not be fun living there. The building can't be pressurized until the hoist suites are closed in. So even if there is air conditioning available it won't work properly. Elevator service will be horrible as they will be used by the workers all day (i wouldn't be shocked if they only got approval for one BTW). Don't be surprised if the water is turned off frequently for testing or if the fire alarm goes off every day.

And remember, you pay occupancy fees from the day you move in. These fees include the common area charges for ammenities that you cant use and air conditioning which you aren't benefiting from.

JG

I was by last night and yes people have moved in. Up to the 25th floor or so. Yet the crane is still up as is the construction elevator. Must be fun to live in a building still being built.

They did this with the eureka building in melbourne... people were moving in about a year before the building even topped out. Worked pretty well over there from what i've heard.

Supposedly, the air conditioning and electrical will all be complete by Aug 23--the people who have moved in already are getting a discount on their occupancy fees to at least partly make up for the inconvenience. Though I don't think any discount could have convinced me to sleep in a non-airconditioned building on Tuesday and Wednesday last week!

On a side note - sorry to bring in the seemingly mandatory depressive criticism! - am I alone in finding the top of this building most unlovely and anti-climactic?

I've really liked the tower so far, how it draws your eye up...and then there's this flat, dead little tophat on it which just seems blunt and weird. The building looks so good, it's a letdown to have the enjoyment of its verticality interrupted by a flat visual dead-end.

On a side note - sorry to bring in the seemingly mandatory depressive criticism! - am I alone in finding the top of this building most unlovely and anti-climactic?

The roof has a lot of work to go. Concrete was still being poured up there a week ago & roof struts are now being laid. Glass & other elements are yet to be installed.

And remember, you pay occupancy fees from the day you move in.

Your warranty also starts as soon as you move in, which is a little unfair if air conditioning isn't completely installed yet. If there are problems, it can't be recorded during the 30 day period and will have to wait until year end to be enforceable by Tarion.

Peachy, given that your PDI was a month ago, how was the level of finishing in your suite and common areas?

Back