Toronto Residences Of College Park Condos | ?m | 51s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Residences of College Park Towers I & 2 [RoCP]

College Park Tower I & 2 [RoCP]

ROCP1&2Render(1).jpg

ROCP1&2Render(2).jpg

Developer: Canderel Stoneridge
Architect: Graziani + Corazza
Planning Docs:
Designation: Residential
Expected Occupancy: 2006 & 2007
Height: 505ft &
Floors: 52 & 45
Size:
Value:

Confirmed occupancy for the north tower is July 31st, 2006.

Tentative occupancy for the south tower is Fall 2007.

Just thought I'd pass that along.

July 31st, 2006 for how many floors? The crane is still on top of this building only 12 days before that. I don't think I'd care to move in yet.

July 31st, 2006 for how many floors? The crane is still on top of this building only 12 days before that. I don't think I'd care to move in yet.

Occupancy occurs from the ground floor up. So July 31st might only be a couple lower floors. Each purchaser will receive a different date depending on what floor they are on.

Not everyone moves in the building at the same time. The advancement of construction is very different at each level. Currently the 52nd floor is a concrete shell without the cladding installed. At the same time the 5th floor probably has all the appliances, flooring, countertops, mirrors, shower stalls etc installed. The trades simply move up the building from bottom to top and the occupancies will occur in a similar fashion.

Occupancy is just the first step. The residents will not close on their units until the tower is complete and the developer is ready to turn the building over to the condominium corporation.

Wouldn't they need elevators to move in? And considering they are working on the top right now would the elevators even be ready yet?

I too can't imagine moving into a building while it is still a vey active construction site with a crane still at the top of the building. I can see moving in when some of the trades have not yet finished the top floors with flooring etc, but at this stage? Is the HVAC system even functioning (heck, the roof is not even finished...I am not sure if the HVAC system is even close to being installed, let alone finished and tested)?

July 31 does seem pretty early considering the current status of the site....

That date could be delayed again.

July 31st? Not a chance. Not even the lower floors of the tower will be used until the tower is less of a construction zone.

Geez. They haven't even installed central air conditioning yet, and they crane hasn't been disassembled. Maybe they'll be moving in by October. No earlier.

One thing that might be useful to add to these threads (in addition to height, number of floors, etc.) is number of units.

If someone has that info for the various projects I will add it in.

The occupancy is supposed to be July 31 at least up to the 22nd floor, although move-ins are staggered according to the availability of the elevator. They've assured us a number of times that the move-in-date is final, and are also having a reception at the Delta Chelsea next week to provide more information about moving in. Which is to say: if it's delayed past July 31, it isn't likely (imho) to be by much, if people have already booked the elevators, they are meeting us face-to-face next week, etc.

Re: Some video from ontop of RoCP 1

Occupancy is not going to happen July 31st on any level. The mechanical areas are still under construction on the roof and the HVAC was lifted up to the roof only 2, perhaps 3 weeks ago. Next, the building has to have a working and approved fire panel, smoke detectors etc. and pass code. I doubt that wiring for life services is even half complete, let alone tested.

If I recall (and this may have changed since my last place), once the roof is complete the developer has 60 days to send out confirmed occupany dates. I'd hazzard a guess that lower levels will start moving in around late September at the earliest.

Re: Some video from ontop of RoCP 1

They haven't even installed central air conditioning yet, and they crane hasn't been disassembled. Maybe they'll be moving in by October.

Tower crane-assisted move-in could be an attractive perk for early bird buyers.

they probably have multiple mechanical rooms for a condo that large. it could well be that there's a mechanical room in the lower half of the tower that's able to independently service those units.

and for elevators, probably three-quarters of the work involved can be taken care of before the building is topped out. the shafts are probably already fully decked out from the ground up to 22nd floor. it wouldn't take much to string up the cables to one car and bring it into service on a temporary basis.

Back