Toronto Residences Of College Park Condos | ?m | 51s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

^Do what I do: try to imagine that they are not the same building. You might come to like the podium as if it were its own separate - uh - thing.

On a sunny day, from a couple of blocks away ROCP1 is stunning to look at. I love the surprise of how well The Met turned out but for my money ROCP is very bold and confident. I really look forward to seeing both buildings completed, side by side.

I think the Met is a more bold design and has greater presence. For me ROCP looks pretty chintzy at ped level- reminiscent of the cityplace towers.

100_0017.jpg

Some pictures from last Friday

IMG_2799.jpg

I hate the top of this building. The exposed concrete and the opaque grey panels where blue glass should be ruin it.

IMG_2791.jpg

IMG_2792.jpg

Podium pictures

IMG_2774.jpg

IMG_2775.jpg

IMG_2777.jpg

IMG_2778.jpg

IMG_2779.jpg

IMG_2784.jpg

IMG_2781.jpg

South Tower

IMG_2780.jpg

Townhouses in the back. Note the curvy roofline.

IMG_2785.jpg

IMG_2783.jpg

IMG_2782.jpg

The podium is an embarrassment - what were they thinking!? What's with those arches and useless massive pillars along bay. Is the glass canapy that heavy lol?

I like the base, the roof, the massing almost the entire thing. I think some of us are being a bit to tough on this one. It's still a step in the right direction towards better design in this city.

In my opinion, College Park looks great from a distance. Even the overhang thing does not appear to be so bad from a far-off vantage point. Overall, I like the building - except for the street level veranda covering.

Back