Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

funny (odd ) that a guy on an internet website playing with MS PAINT for free can do a better and more realistic job than the company which is paying its render designer thousands of dollars for a oneoff piece of work.

It's infinitely easier to make a life-like render of a building when you're literally using the constructed building itself as the basis for the render. Not to minimize his work, but all he did was copy and paste and lower floors. How could it not look more realistic than a pre-construction rendering?

funny (odd ) that a guy on an internet website playing with MS PAINT for free can do a better and more realistic job than the company which is paying its render designer thousands of dollars for a oneoff piece of work.

:D LMAO Too funny Caltrane! Way to bitch-slap those high-paid render artists! I bet they can afford to buy in this building!!! LOL

But in all seriousness... my work pales by comparison and I'm not getting paid to con a condo-buying public that this is the most beautiful piece of architecture EVER! LOL

Also what Ramako says is true... Cut and Paste is way easier than imagination!

Here's another angle... (Excuse the bad render...I have trouble with the perspective near the top) but it shows how Ritz will really lean towards Simcoe from this angle!

4069654818_75650b809c_o.jpg

(Original courtesy Jasonzed here on UT

Last edited:
WHOA!... yet another AMAZING photoshop/render by Traynor!!!

Amazing job!

*from that shot the Ritz doesn't really fit in to all those other skyscrapers... Looks kinda weird IMO... (Has nothing to do with Traynors render it's just the angle itself..)

Keep em coming :D

The "completed" Ritz didn't help, but for a second there I said to myself "whoa, what city is that?" Toronto always gets me with its surprise(!) density shots. Gotta love it.

They are working on the 52th floor form work today.

This is going to be taller than 53 if the roof slop starts at 53 and is step back of 52.

Starting to look to be the same height of RBC

From every render I've seen, the roof is supposed to start sloping back right above the height of RBC's lantern, but it hasn't surpassed that point yet.

That last photo is great. Imagine how much this would have stood out if it had of been a different colour glass?

Ritz

If drum's pictures were indeed taken on November 2nd, then counting up from the external elevator floor numbers (shown in the third picture), clearly shows them working on the 49th floor and its ceiling (aka the floor of 50). The Penthouse is on 52... Then a 53rd mechanical then the slope begins. Or so I am figuring.

Last edited:
Ritz Carlton construction is moving SOOO fast right now... They finished HALF of the floor TODAY alone... we should see the roof slant start this week!

Ritz Live Cam:

video.mjpg

If drum's pictures were indeed taken on November 2nd, then counting up from the external elevator floor numbers (shown in the third picture), clearly shows them working on the 49th floor and its ceiling (aka the floor of 50). The Penthouse is on 52... Then a 53rd mechanical then the slope begins. Or so I am figuring.

Yes my photo was the 2th.

If you look at the last number on the elevator (42) and count the floors above it, they are forming the 50th level.

Back