Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

I can't wait to take that shot.

Nice to see my photo's been brought to real life.

Thanks drum... and thanks for the pic.

Someone over at Skyscraper City complained that the top wasn't pointy enough... Sheeesh! I did mention it was bad Photoshop! LOL

So I refined it a bit.... I mean I went to the future and took a better shot.:D

Attachments

• drum118 Ritz 001bg.jpg
    drum118 Ritz 001bg.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 202
Got tired of imagining what Ritz will look like when finished so... I hopped in my time machine went to October 2010 and snapped this pic.

4066464598_c4d556348a_o.jpg

and my bad Photoshop for the render.)

INCREDIBLE render!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... wait till you see my photoshop skills :mad:

***Again... nice shots Cal

^ You're right marcus_a_j

I should have consulted some renders before I created mine! Ooops my bad!

Thanks for the heads-up. I hope this is a little better...

4066774427_af44fc4bc4_o.jpg

(Original courtesy of drum118)

Traynors render is probably closer to what the building will actually look like compared to the company render... which is odd.

(at least visa via the quality and look too the glass)

Thanks Traynor. Looks good.

Traynors render is probably closer to what the building will actually look like compared to the company render... which is odd.

Thanks guys for the compliments! :)

To respond to your comment Caltrane74, I too was surprised at the colour of the glass and the overall look on the finished product but that is their own cladding I worked with. I'm not good at Photoshop really and I have no idea of how to use it. (I actually work in MS Paint and then just use PS to smooth out some rough edges... I learned how to use their blur tool! Yeah!)

So all the glass in my render came from cloning the bits and pieces from drum118's original as seen below.

I'll try to do another one from another angle if I can find an original that is easy to work with as drum's was.

Attachments

• drum118 Ritz 001b.jpg
    drum118 Ritz 001b.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 146

I don't think it's odd, I find the buildings never look as good as the company's render.

I don't think it's odd, I find the buildings never look as good as the company's render.

funny (odd ) that a guy on an internet website playing with MS PAINT for free can do a better and more realistic job than the company which is paying its render designer thousands of dollars for a oneoff piece of work.

Back