Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

interesting how the vertical support columns slant out with the profile rather than the floors simply cantilever-ing out...

The sheer force of the windows/etc may be too heavy for cantilevered floors only. With finite element analysis, it will show that the force of the mass above will be directed along the path of the columns.

by me

3804460521_a96ed6e981_b.jpg

Caltrane!!!!!!! That is maybe the best shot ever of the Ritz Carlton....

Well Done!!!

thanks for the kudos guys...

I was at the cn tower with my skyscraper gf honey.... and by chance I got to stand at the front of the elevator going up to the observation deck and I grabbed that shot with my movie/photo cam.... (don't ever say I don't think about you guys here when I'm out and about....!!!)

The Ritz looks incredible going up the CN Tower Elevator...no doubt...

thanks for the kudos guys...

I was at the cn tower with my skyscraper gf honey.... and by chance I got to stand at the front of the elevator going up to the observation deck and I grabbed that shot with my movie/photo cam.... (don't ever say I don't think about you guys here when I'm out and about....!!!)

The Ritz looks incredible going up the CN Tower Elevator...no doubt...

Before reading the threads below that outstanding shot I was scratching my head trying to figure out how the heck you got that shot!

I'm not sold on the lower beveled glass wall yet.

Great work Cal!

I'm not sold on the lower beveled glass wall yet.

Neither am I, but I assume that quite a bit of work remains on it. Is that correct? Although this will undoubtedly be a beautiful skyline addition, I wish the architects put more emphasis on vertical design elements, instead of using primarily horizontal design elements, to conceal rather than emphasize the change in storey height between the residential / hotel components.

Aug 11

You can see the shadow of it in front of the RBC that stands out very brightly
IMG_aug-11-09-0058.jpg

IMG_aug-11-09-0061.jpg

I wish the architects put more emphasis on vertical design elements, instead of using primarily horizontal design elements, to conceal rather than emphasize the change in storey height between the residential / hotel components.

great point. One that I have made before as well as the fact that vertical design details would help differentiate this building somewhat from its neighbours. welcome to UT!

Back