Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

my god... sorry if this is late, but a mistakingly looked at that shot and for some reason thought it was by android, and i guess i started a chain reaction afterward. forgive me. doh! :confused:
Mo-tage, take it as a compliment. if you pulled an android, then you know you did something right :D

I weep for the future of audio/visual productions. The YouTube generation has destroyed the art of creating good film. That two minute video was so badly filmed and edited that it almost gave me a seizure.

That sad part is, anyone under 25 or 30 wouldn't even know what I was talking about. All their visuals including video games, movies and music videos are filmed with Attention Deficit Disorder as their main theme.

You probably don't want to watch this video. ;)

The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto Marketing Video Feb 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQyQ9YmKW3s

The bathrooms are in the regular hotel rooms are nothing spectacular, i would say the German, Soho, and Hazelton have far more luxurious bathrooms

You probably don't want to watch this video. ;)

The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto Marketing Video Feb 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQyQ9YmKW3s

The bathrooms are in the regular hotel rooms are nothing spectacular, i would say the German, Soho, and Hazelton have far more luxurious bathrooms

On the contrary, that was not hard to watch. I don't have a problem with quick edits and cuts but they must be balanced with establishing shots and "Holds" that last at least 3 seconds for the human brain to comprehend.... It's all about pacing.

The amateur videographer (Which is becoming the norm) doesn't hold the camera still long enough or hold the image for more than a second and that is not long enough to comfortably establish a shot. Your above example has variance. It has quick cuts to express dynamism and then long sweeping pans for the viewer to soak in the image. All in all, much better film-making.

I wish YouTube had a board of standards, that peer-reviewed videos before they are allowed to be posted to keep the art form comprehensible and worthy of viewing.

The opening ceremony was held on Wednesday February 16 at 11:30AM in the lobby. People mingling before the ceremony begins.

RitzCarltonOpen021611.jpg

Looks about as much fun as a convention of undertakers.

You know what really annoys me? Everywhere up here you see the USA flag. At any conference,etc. it is always there. Granted, the Ritz did a good job of highlighting Canada and Ontario flags but why must we always fly the American flag.You don't see Americans flying our flag at similar events so why should we theirs'?

You know what really annoys me? Everywhere up here you see the USA flag. At any conference,etc. it is always there. Granted, the Ritz did a good job of highlighting Canada and Ontario flags but why must we always fly the American flag.You don't see Americans flying our flag at similar events so why should we theirs'?

Um, you'll see US flags in Europe too, sorry to tell you.

I found out today though an employee source that the Ritz-Carlton marketing / sales team is eager to have the logos installed on the building as the picture dictates. However, the challenge lies in unexpected engineering requirements. As a result, there is currently a back-and-forth consensus on installing them, and not installing them. A final decision, and perhaps compromise, should be revealed in four to six months. At that time, the visual, or not visual result will be apparent.

A lot of conferences held here are "North American" conferences, with the two main countries in attendance being the US and Canada. You actually usually do see Canadian flags at similar conferences in the States if Canadians are represented in decent numbers. Been to a couple, so I've seen it.

I notice a lot of places (especially in upstate New York) fly Canadian flags as a goodwill gesture and when I see them I always appreciate the effort, so it seems only fair to reciprocate the courtesy for American visitors to Toronto. They are a friendly neighbour who we have close social and economic ties with, seems like the decent thing to do in such situations.

I wish YouTube had a board of standards, that peer-reviewed videos before they are allowed to be posted to keep the art form comprehensible and worthy of viewing.

sorry traynor, it ain't gonna happen anytime soon! that would basically kill youtube. lol :D

Back