Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

^Excuse my ignorance. Are they called Flying Buttresses?

Whatever you call the pointed elements on both buildings that forms out of the zipper.

I think he meant the "crease" at the side of both buildings. Don't think what it leads to qualifies as an arch, and it definitely isn't a flying buttress.

AoD

FLYING BUTTRESS
windowslivewriterseymourbutzflyingbuttressesthatis-b7a5flying-buttress-3.jpg

ARCH
bk-arch-fig06c.gif

ZIPPER
ZipperRepair01.jpg

So is the G20, gonna be held at the Ritz? Would make a perfect venue for such an event. And a good way to inaugurate the opening.

edit- probably too soon for opening

Last edited:
^Still 6 months away. They may have the podium and the hotel portion ready by then, who knows though.

I'm still confused about the zipper stuff... I see what you guys mean but its hardly there... The design of each building DOES mimic eachother in many ways (slants, glass, gap in between fin and building that goes all the way up the building, etc...)

Anyways... The Ritz would be sweet for the G20 meeting!... So we can show off this baby!

Here's a sweet panoramic shot of the T.O. skyline by seekdes on Flickr!:

RBC IS TOOOOO BRIGHT!!! :mad:... turn down the lights!... its destroying the skyline!!!

4004024518_0f198176a4_b.jpg

Here's the Ritz cam... It looks like the last few pieces of that blue stuff (whats the term!... i cant remember right now!) is coming down!... we should see a nice and clean Ritz so we can monitor some slant progress!... Make way for more glass!!! :)

video.mjpg

EDIT:!... OMG!>... I just realized seekdes is Mike in TO!?!!!... i feel like an idiot (which i probably am!)...

Last edited:
RBC Centre is not too bright. It's only because of the high ISO settings of the photo.
The lights are bright, but they will not be so bright once the floors are occupied.

RBC Centre is not too bright. It's only because of the high ISO settings of the photo.
The lights are bright, but they will not be so bright once the floors are occupied.

i guess so... but its been like that since it was finished.. I guess people are still moving in and/or work is still being done on alot of floors which explains why all the lights are one... :) I hope it changes over the next while!

Kristopher is correct, it is bright presumably with regular and construction lighting plus the ISO/shutter speed is a bit off. Sections of BA are the same as it nears completion.

Back