Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

17 December 2009 photo update

dsc01965.jpg

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!.. thanks you so much for telling me they updated their satellite photos!>.. I wouldn't have known without you :)... thanks marcus_a_j!

I had no idea either.... must have been VERY recent. Up until now the pictures of this area were VERY old. Most of cityplace was a big gravel pit in their pictures.

On another interesting note, looks like they (google) caught the skydome as it was in the process of opening (or perhaps closing).... quite a coincidence.

I had no idea either.... must have been VERY recent. Up until now the pictures of this area were VERY old. Most of cityplace was a big gravel pit in their pictures.

On another interesting note, looks like they (google) caught the skydome as it was in the process of opening (or perhaps closing).... quite a coincidence.

Along with the updates it's nice to see the city green as opposed to brown and depressing looking with previous captures likely from late fall or early spring.

As the zipper continues to get wider toward the top it appears to be blocking more window space in the north/east and north/west corner suites.

I find it amusing that the satellite photos are more up-to-date than the maps (which still lack the completed Confederation Pkwy bridge). The maps are very recent as they show the currently dug up parking lot at Square One which is becoming Whole Foods and Crate & Barrel.

Great shot urbandreamer!!!

Imagine the exact same shot a few years back WITHOUT RBC, Ritz, Telus, MLS, Cityplace, Success, etc... it really did suck back then (compared to now!)

Dec 20 visit

Can't find those stub columns that were pour this past week. The hording is coming off and will give us a better view of the remaining slope.
IMG_dec-20-09-0069.jpg

IMG_dec-20-09-0068.jpg

Nice notch at the roof.
IMG_dec-20-09-0065.jpg

IMG_dec-20-09-0052.jpg

The notch should be mirrored on the east side of the building. The penthouse floor plans showed them being there as balconies

The floor plan for the penthouse also shows a large terrace on the south side too. I'm interested to see what the south side looks like when the rest of the hoarding comes off.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they used steel to finish shaping the top of Ritz.

Last edited:
steveve:

There is truly no need to respond to every single photo postings on UT, particularly when your response often consists of nothing more than "wow". The Mods have been rather lenient so far but it'd be really helpful if you can curb your enthusiasm a little and reserve postings to those with more substance. Other readers on UT will thank you.

AoD

Last edited:
Concerning the top portion (the chapeau?) does anyone know if it will fully extend to all the edges of the final regular floor? The reason I ask is that the forms presently don't appear to run up right to the edge.

great work today Caltrane... -respect! :D

The Ritz looks freakishly tall in your pics! (as it also does in real life :))

The slant is taking some time... I hope we see more than something by new years! (i'm sorta doubtful of that last comment!)

is the mechanical steel or will it be concrete...? my question of the moment.... steveve, i think once the hoarding is down we will get a good idea of its future progression.

Back