Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Thanks for the photos guys....

And thanks Matrix for clearing that up about the floor count...

BTW... Construction seems to be at a standstill since Friday... They haven't made any real progress (in terms of pouring the floor) and it's unusual for the Ritz cause they usually pour a floor every 5 days or so....

Yup, the funding has dried up, they're going to cap it at the 50th floor.

I could be mistaken, but it looks kinda like the 50th floor is going to have higher ceilings than the 49th. If that's the case it might take them a little longer for the forming since they'll have to adjust the forms

looks nice from here

4087781390_64068cc788_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/evrythingsucks/
from evrythingsucks at www.flickr.com

Nice shot. 300 Front should fill in that gap behind the skydome nicely from this angle.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a nicely framed view of it from the east side of Bay just south of Front. Someone with a decent camera (not me, as my camera is pretty awful) should take a shot of it from there.

Nice shot... I'm not sure how nice the roof slant at the top is gonna look from this angle... It might look weird and off balance...

*MLS blocked out Bay Adelaide Centre :mad: lol...

I need to change my Sony DSC-T1 :rolleyes:

Attachments

• DSC06004.jpg
    DSC06004.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 253
  • DSC06006.jpg
    DSC06006.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 205
What a fine image, and what an eloquent dialogue across time between two important local buildings designed by architects who understand the power of grey. The by-laws were actually changed to allow Parkin's 1961 Sun Life not to follow the streetline, and have metal curtain walling. With such a high proportion of glass it almost fades to nothingness under certain lighting conditions - but the punchy verticals pull it back again.

Back