News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Toronto Raptors

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Raptors game against the Celtics postponed in solidarity to BLM:

The whole story is actually very interesting. The Bucks skipped their Game 5 with the assumption that it would be a forfeit to the Magic, but the NBA decided not to give the Bucks an L over standing up for what they believe in. This had a domino effect through all teams, resulting in the temporary suspension of play. And of course a few Raptors players were the first to publicly suggest not playing, but I'm sure everyone was talking behind closed doors

Anyone else come close to a medical emergency watching Game 6 last night?

Really thought the Celtics were gonna pull it off in regulation. Tatum had that bad throwaway turnover when he was driving to the net on what looked like a sure fire layup. The end of that 2nd OT was insane.

Lowry played some of the best playoff basketball in this career last night. Fred and Ibaka came up big as well in the 4th to swing the momentum back to the Raps. OG continuing to step it up, hope this series is his breakthrough and he carries this into next season and beyond.

Really thought the Celtics were gonna pull it off in regulation. Tatum had that bad throwaway turnover when he was driving to the net on what looked like a sure fire layup. The end of that 2nd OT was insane.

Lowry played some of the best playoff basketball in this career last night. Fred and Ibaka came up big as well in the 4th to swing the momentum back to the Raps. OG continuing to step it up, hope this series is his breakthrough and he carries this into next season and beyond.
Also Norm. Must be the Osmow's

If Masai were a gambler, he would consistently go all in and manage to beat the house on a consistent basis.
Poker: He'd never go all in. Blackjack: He'd definitely hit on 16 when the dealer shows a face card though.

The Raptors are finished for the year.

GG Raptors. They had a hard-fought battle against the Celtics, but the Raps lost in Game 7.

There's always next year.

The Raptors deserved to lose and in a way I'm glad they did.

They kept turning over the goddamn ball and taking 3 point shots that were probably not going to go in.

If you shoot for 3 knowing you aren't really that good at it and miss, the other team will grab the rebound and run with it. That's what happened here several times and it's what cost them the game.

The Raptors were s**ting the bed in Game 7 and if I was Nick Nurse I'd be B****slapping the players right now.

Actually, the Raptors success against the Celtics in the face of terrible offensive play actually leads me to believe a narrative that we are not allowed to say in this City. To put it bluntly if he who remains nameless stayed we would be repeating

Here's hoping the Celtics beat the Heat and go on to win the LOB. It's better to lose to the eventual champs.

I'm very happy with this season's success. The Raptors exceeded the expectations of many "experts" and had the best regular season in franchise history (by winning %). Boston is a great team and had Toronto's number all season long. The season came down to the last few minutes of Game 7 that could have gone either way. Unfortunately it went in favour of Boston, but it is what it is. That's sports.

Moving forward, resigning Van Vleet is priority #1. Wouldn't mind seeing Ibaka resigned as well. Gasol can come back too but would require a lesser role. Other moves require a wait-and-see on the salary cap movement.

Back