725     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 953     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 565     0 

Toronto Raptors

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Here's hoping the Celtics beat the Heat and go on to win the LOB. It's better to lose to the eventual champs.

I'm very happy with this season's success. The Raptors exceeded the expectations of many "experts" and had the best regular season in franchise history (by winning %). Boston is a great team and had Toronto's number all season long. The season came down to the last few minutes of Game 7 that could have gone either way. Unfortunately it went in favour of Boston, but it is what it is. That's sports.

Moving forward, resigning Van Vleet is priority #1. Wouldn't mind seeing Ibaka resigned as well. Gasol can come back too but would require a lesser role. Other moves require a wait-and-see on the salary cap movement.
In other locally-relevant NBA news, Kawhi and the Clippers are going to game 7 after blowing a 3-1 series lead, and Canadian Jamal Murray is a big part of why.

Their narrow defeat begs the question - if they had managed to keep a big game ringer like Leonard, would they have moved on?

^ Most likely, but if Pascal played like he did during the regular season (pre-shutdown) and last year's post-season, then they'd be facing Miami in the ECF.

Siakam was a disappointment throughout the series no doubt. I hope he takes Lowry's comments to heart and uses this to fire up some motivation for the future.

I also thought Lowry getting fouled out late dragged down the morale as well going into the final possession(s). Not saying it was guaranteed he'll make it, but he would've been the better choice to take the shot instead of Fred.

OG who had some big games against Celtics was rather quiet in game 7. I think he has potential to be an 18-20 PPG kind of player, but he needs to develop better consistency.

Hopefully some young guys like Terrence Davis can further improve and have a bigger part on this team moving forward.

I have big hopes for Terrence Davis. Once he gets more minutes and learns not to foul opponents as much, he'll be a good option.

Lowry in at the game would have helped as another shooting option. I think he would have been the better option to handle the ball with Van Vleet being a viable catch-and-shoot threat. Regardless of Lowry in or not though, not boxing out Tatum and allowing him to get the free throw rebound really hurt. If the Raptors secured the rebound it's a 2-point game with a couple timeouts in hand.....

But that's in the past and plenty to look forward to in the future. Nick Nurse just signed an extension and the Nuggets have a chance to eliminate Kawhi and the Clippers. I would love to see Kitchener's finest Jamal Murray outplay PG and help them move on.

I have big hopes for Terrence Davis. Once he gets more minutes and learns not to foul opponents as much, he'll be a good option.

Lowry in at the game would have helped as another shooting option. I think he would have been the better option to handle the ball with Van Vleet being a viable catch-and-shoot threat. Regardless of Lowry in or not though, not boxing out Tatum and allowing him to get the free throw rebound really hurt. If the Raptors secured the rebound it's a 2-point game with a couple timeouts in hand.....

But that's in the past and plenty to look forward to in the future. Nick Nurse just signed an extension and the Nuggets have a chance to eliminate Kawhi and the Clippers. I would love to see Kitchener's finest Jamal Murray outplay PG and help them move on.
TDII is an anti-masker that had to be cautioned by the team for wearing a mask with a hole in the centre. I honestly hope we build him up and let someone overpay for him like what happened with Biyombo.

For all the Pascal hate floating around, not many people are talking about how Nurse kept Gasol in for big minutes even after he was clearly cooked. Don't get me wrong, I love Gasol, but so did Boston that series. I expected Nurse to adapt the way he's known for. The box-and-one seemed like a game changer last postseason, but it only worked with the Warriors reduced to a single-option team. Boston has options.

Kawhi and George were god awful and looked increasingly lifeless as the game went on, while Murray and the Joker laid the smack down on them. Just an overall thoroughly deserved loss for the Clippers.

Clippers also had to include a 1st round draft pick in the trade to bring in Marcus Morris, who is about to become a free agent. They better go all in next season, or else that summer of 2021 could be crazy with the player options in Kawhi and PG's contracts.

Clippers also had to include a 1st round draft pick in the trade to bring in Marcus Morris, who is about to become a free agent. They better go all in next season, or else that summer of 2021 could be crazy with the player options in Kawhi and PG's contracts.
No championship this year, but we still managed to indirectly break another superteam. I'll take it.

That was one of the best games I've ever watched.

The Clippers always looked a bit off. Montrezl Harrell may sign somewhere else so it's hard to see them being better next year.

Not sure they'll be able to address the lack of leadership either.

Here's another shade statistic for everyone. Doc Rivers has as many blown 3-1 series leads as Lebron has rings. 3. He has blown a 3-1 series lead 3 times as a coach. That's almost statistically impossible. Just soak in that stat.

Back