Toronto Queens Quay & Water's Edge Revitalization | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

.. I go one step further and will make sure the dog and I are stretched 6 feet apart and then watch if the cyclist dares to split us.

One time when I was on a sidewalk a cyclist was ringing there bell for me to move and then yelled at me because I ignored them I turned and as they went past i said you should be on the road, they gave me a dirty look as if I was in the wrong.

I stare them down at the same time and generally comment about them being on the sidewalk. It doesn't solve anything, but it usually slows them down.

Been cycling in Toronto for over 30 years. Here's my PERSONAL code for breaking the rules (and it's not right, but it's my own code) I only break the rules if it's not affecting anyone else. For instance, if there's no one around I'll run the red or the stop sign. If it's going to mean a car has to stop for me or is inconvenienced in any way I won't do it. And I never ever cut off pedestrians. I treat them the same way I would if I was in a car. Pedestrians always have right of way, even if they're in my way.

The one place I always run into trouble is Lake Shore Boulevard out by the Exhibition. I ride at about 35 km/h which is too fast for a busy bike path, so to be responsible I ride on the Lake Shore Boulevard (where I have every legal right to be) but then I constantly get honked at by drivers shouting (get off the road! use the bike path!)

My personal pet peeve is when I'm driving a Zip Car on a one way street and turn onto another one way street and a cyclist going the WRONG WAY down the one way street and RUNNING THE STOP SIGN will scream at me for almost getting killed. I yelled back at one of them, "Wrong way!" and she yelled back "Not for cyclists!" Uh, yeah, cyclists included.

The one place I always run into trouble is Lake Shore Boulevard out by the Exhibition. I ride at about 35 km/h which is too fast for a busy bike path, so to be responsible I ride on the Lake Shore Boulevard (where I have every legal right to be) but then I constantly get honked at by drivers shouting (get off the road! use the bike path!)
I'm loving the HOV lanes on Lake Shore right now. No one really uses them most of the time, so cyclists pretty much have the right lane of Lake Shore to themselves.

I'm loving the HOV lanes on Lake Shore right now. No one really uses them most of the time, so cyclists pretty much have the right lane of Lake Shore to themselves.

As long as there are at least three people per bike then sure why not. :)

image006.jpg

Attachments

• image006.jpg
    image006.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 694
My personal pet peeve is when I'm driving a Zip Car on a one way street and turn onto another one way street and a cyclist going the WRONG WAY down the one way street and RUNNING THE STOP SIGN will scream at me for almost getting killed. I yelled back at one of them, "Wrong way!" and she yelled back "Not for cyclists!" Uh, yeah, cyclists included.
I was walking the dog today and crossing on a green. Two cyclists ran the red to make a left (from the bike lane, not from the left turn lane) and almost hit us. When I yelled at them about a red light, they said the same thing, "not for bikes". Um, since when did that change? Hey maybe it's the same people :)

Let's all stop being wankers.

(Problem, IMO, is that everyone thinks that they're right. From the cyclist who believes that red lights don't apply to them to the driver who thinks cyclists can't use the whole lane.)

Pretty entertaining video. I get so frustrated when I see fellow cyclists run red lights. I've started trying to position where I stop at red lights on college between other cyclists and cars to make it difficult...it's my own little show of resistance.

Perhaps if we let pedestrians shoot the drivers and cyclists they see running red lights, we'd both reduce pedestrian deaths, and increase the homicide rate, pushing pedestrian deaths lower.

Back