News   Mar 28, 2024
 180     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 197     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 254     0 

Toronto Police Service Reformation

Lest there was any doubt.

Chief Sloly of Ottawa is not in the running (by his choice).

1591738189937.png

The law is fairly clear.

Unless they fit the legislation, once someone becomes a citizen, they are our problem.

Rightly so - differential treatment based on whether someone were immigrants or not in essence creates two classes of citizens - and that should not stand for all but the most exceptional situations.

AoD

think though people who have dual citizenship and do treason or terrorist stuff should lose it

but that rarely happens.

Makes sense in a country that does not have much of a gang and gun issue.

My logic is when Canada has very few guns in it illegal like other countries then I could support disarming police here.

We can do that, if we choose.

Part of it, is outlawing hand guns.

Part of it, is tackling smuggling.

Part of it is disarming many of the police; because criminals like to make a profit and like low-risk; its one of the perils of one-upman ship when police try to out-gun the armed criminal.

I understand the impulse, but the other side will not stand still either.

Again, I'm not speaking to the idea of total disarmament.

But rather reduced armament. Not all cops needs guns, all the time.

I would love to see a photo of that dude...see if it's one of the officers I've had an....unfortunate encounter with.

“Peters is a Toronto police officer. He is suspended with pay pending the outcome of previous criminal charges. Last year, Peters was charged with a number of criminal charges, including extortion, after he allegedly threatened a civilian over an unpaid debt.”

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...mpaign=Crime&utm_content=copspeedingfourtimes

Inside Halton has confirmed the 43-year-old man, charged after his car was clocked at 179 km/h in Burlington, is a Toronto police officer.

Const. Lionel Peters, 43, of Paris, Ont., is an 18-year veteran of the force. He is charged with impaired driving, excess blood alcohol and street racing. His vehicle has been impounded for seven days and his driver’s licence suspended for 90 days.

The OPP allege that after they pulled over the driver in the area of Highway 407 and Guelph Line, around 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, he registered a “fail” on the breathalyzer and had nearly four times the legal limit of alcohol allowed in his system.

Back