Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

The most insane part about this is as you look at this building it's not even a third of the way complete has picked up pace massively and is definitely showing why it is the biggest construction project in Toronto and also how inefficient the ones construction method is
There is no doubt that if your floors are 'cookie-cutter' then it is FAR easier to add floors as you can reuse 100% of the forms. This one is certainly moving very fast and it IS g=hard to believe it is only at about the 35% level!

There is no doubt that if your floors are 'cookie-cutter' then it is FAR easier to add floors as you can reuse 100% of the forms. This one is certainly moving very fast and it IS g=hard to believe it is only at about the 35% level!

While this is true (that floor forms repeat here... until they start to taper nearer the top)... when I think of cookie-cutter floors I can't help thinking of square or rectangular floor plates repeating (or even round)... not a fourteen-sided polygon floor plate (a tetradecagon or 14-gon) lol. 🙃

This cookie 🍪 just seems harder to shape and bake... making me even more awed by the speed of the build. ;)

skytower-landmark-collection.jpg

oneyongeskytower.com

While this is true (that floor forms repeat here... until they start to taper nearer the top)... when I think of cookie-cutter floors I can't help thinking of square or rectangular floor plates repeating (or even round)... not a fourteen-sided polygon floor plate (a tetradecagon or 14-gon) lol. 🙃

This cookie 🍪 just seems harder to shape and bake... making me even more awed by the speed of the build. ;)

skytower-landmark-collection.jpg

oneyongeskytower.com
True, but cookie cutters come in many shapes. Here is an Airedale Terrier one.

1719675164068.png

True, but cookie cutters come in many shapes. Here is an Airedale Terrier one.

View attachment 576541

Now you're making me want to see what a 750m2 floor plate in the roughly the above shape would look like............I say roughly, because I'm thinking that @mburrrrr 's cuddly K-9 could be the model

Now how would they emulate Lola's fur:

1719675650390.jpeg

And how would they maintain it!

Last edited:
Now you're making me want to see what a 750m2 floor plate in the roughly the above shape would look like............I say roughly, because I'm think that @mburrrrr 's cuddly K-9 could be the model

Now how would they emulate Lola's fur:

View attachment 576543

And how would they maintain it!
LOLA! I’ve seen that dog many times in our lobby and elevators…

That’s what I’ve always been pronouncing it as, but it could also be “brrrr” with an “m” at the beginning?
I've always thought it was a take on "member" myself. But now come to think of it...

Back