Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

I have my secret lair. All full of tech goodies that Batman, Iron Man, and James Bond covet.

Well, I don’t have a secret lair and I am not on Insta and I don’t have a Tesla, but there is no problems with wishing.
You We do however, have a $3M vehicle picking you us up everyday in a tunnel with a driver that drives for you us, with six cars, totalling $18M.

The vehicle?

TTC Bombardier TR

June 26.
They are finally installing the cladding for the transfer slab on the north side.
Around this morning:

IMG_7555.jpeg

IMG_7556.jpeg

IMG_7559.jpeg

IMG_7558.jpeg

IMG_7560.jpeg

IMG_7561.jpeg

IMG_7562.jpeg

IMG_7563.jpeg

IMG_7564.jpeg

IMG_7565.jpeg

IMG_7567.jpeg

That’s what they’ve installed for the day.

IMG_7569.jpeg

That reflection is of 22 Front St W’s slanted gold looking windows.

IMG_7568.jpeg

After today’s installation.

IMG_7570.jpeg

IMG_7571.jpeg

Today and yesterday.
Today they finished installing the cladding on the north side and continued installing some on the east side. For some reason one window has not been installed on the north side.
They finally installed the last cladding for the 11th floor on the east side.
This is all that they installed for today.
Almost 31 floors. The “SKY” part was raised today.

IMG_7691.jpeg

IMG_7690.jpeg

IMG_7692.jpeg

These photos are from yesterday.

IMG_7682.jpeg

IMG_7683.jpeg

From yesterday, 30 floors seems level with 33 floors of surrounding condominiums.

IMG_7684.jpeg

IMG_7686.jpeg

IMG_7687.jpeg

IMG_7688.jpeg

IMG_7685.jpeg

IMG_7689.jpeg

The most insane part about this is as you look at this building it's not even a third of the way complete has picked up pace massively and is definitely showing why it is the biggest construction project in Toronto and also how inefficient the ones construction method is
There is no doubt that if your floors are 'cookie-cutter' then it is FAR easier to add floors as you can reuse 100% of the forms. This one is certainly moving very fast and it IS g=hard to believe it is only at about the 35% level!

There is no doubt that if your floors are 'cookie-cutter' then it is FAR easier to add floors as you can reuse 100% of the forms. This one is certainly moving very fast and it IS g=hard to believe it is only at about the 35% level!

While this is true (that floor forms repeat here... until they start to taper nearer the top)... when I think of cookie-cutter floors I can't help thinking of square or rectangular floor plates repeating (or even round)... not a fourteen-sided polygon floor plate (a tetradecagon or 14-gon) lol. 🙃

This cookie 🍪 just seems harder to shape and bake... making me even more awed by the speed of the build. ;)

skytower-landmark-collection.jpg

oneyongeskytower.com

While this is true (that floor forms repeat here... until they start to taper nearer the top)... when I think of cookie-cutter floors I can't help thinking of square or rectangular floor plates repeating (or even round)... not a fourteen-sided polygon floor plate (a tetradecagon or 14-gon) lol. 🙃

This cookie 🍪 just seems harder to shape and bake... making me even more awed by the speed of the build. ;)

skytower-landmark-collection.jpg

oneyongeskytower.com
True, but cookie cutters come in many shapes. Here is an Airedale Terrier one.

1719675164068.png

Back