Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

I guess this is the new "norm". You design a standard box building then fool around with the balconies to create a Different look. Aesthetics only, otherwise a very basic design.
1BE, Harbour Plaza, Massey.

Still waiting to be impressed with this development; off to a terrible start. Way long time ago, some *did* post "ummm .. it's Pinnacle". Toronto has to ask more of its architects.

Still waiting to be impressed with this development; off to a terrible start. Way long time ago, some *did* post "ummm .. it's Pinnacle". Toronto has to ask more of its architects.

Given HP is responsible for The Well and Artists Alley (not to mention 1BE, etc). I am more inclined to say Toronto need to demand more from its developers in this case. If you can afford to build a multi-tower complex maxing out at 95, you can do better than this mediocre, stereotypically Pinnacle "quality".

I suppose they can always impress us further by going back to P+S or gawd forbid, G+C

AoD

Last edited:
The first phase will have 640 parking spots on 6 levels. And will be interconnected with future phases. How big will the entire parking structure be? 1500-2000 spaces? Massive dig so close to the water.

The first phase will have 640 parking spots on 6 levels. And will be interconnected with future phases. How big will the entire parking structure be? 1500-2000 spaces? Massive dig so close to the water.

So I guess the foundations are going to be excavated separately. I think it's better to dig out and finish the whole basement garage. And use two third of the parking spots for temporary city parking. A good way for the developers and the city to generate money. Till all three buildings are up and running which could take a decade.

Awww man, I forgot Pinnacle were the goons behind this. Welp, at least they aren't Pemberton, and can actually make some okay buildings like Grand Park I and II *Grand Park I was the weaker designed one IMO)

Pemberton built U Condos which I think it's safe to say is better than the 20 odd towers from the family of developers behind Pinnacle, Amacon and, Onni. Grand Park doesn't look any different from the sea of mediocre green glass towers built in the past decade.

Back