Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

I mean, yes, Pemberton can make some fair buildings, but I mean, Erin Mills has about 4 tower in the parks from their earlier master plan, and their current phase still has that reminiscent tower in the park look, except for more "modern" cladding. Idk, Pemberton can be quite the hit and miss developer, more miss IMO, and Pinnacle isn't a whole lot better.

My thoughts on this are similar; in regards to their architecture, Pemberton's U Condos are better than any Pinnacle, Amacon, or Onni development in the GTA so far…

but the rest of Pemberton's developments are a mixed bag: a few satisfactory projects with a whole pile of schlock. Some of their newer ones are moving in the right direction though, with some better architects hired, but U Condos still set the bar for them.

Pinnacle has a chance to do something great with the tallest tower here if they invest in it the way they should. 95 storeys tall and located right on Yonge, it will be front and centre, and will affect their reputation here for a long time to come. We have only seen rough drawings of a lesser 65-storey tower so far, not the more realistic marketing renderings, and while it's obvious nevertheless that it has been value engineered compared to what was originally promised by the early renderings, it is Hariri Pontarini, so it should still end up better than it would in most other firm's hands.

They do, however, need to pull out all the stops on the 95-storey tower: they need something to be proud of here, and make us proud too.

They're not wasting any time here:

1 YONGE ST
Ward 28 - Tor & E.York District

Site Plan Control application for Phase 2 & Phase 3 of the One yonge development: 2 mixed-use buildings (80 and 95 storeys). This project contains residential units, retail units, a hotel component, POPS space, and Affordable Rental Housing units within the podium levels.
Proposed Use Mixed Use # of Storeys 95 # of Units 2,171

Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Site Plan Approval 17 108913 STE 28 SA Jan 25, 2017 Under Review

I am glad to see they are becoming serious with the project.
This project will make the harbour experience and the skyline great again.
I am confident that the project will transform positively the downtown and make the pride of all Torontonians.
What i love the most in the project is that it's very futuristic.
With the choice of colors,the style and the claddings will make the project stand out compared to other .
Even in 100 years in the future ,1 yonge will not be outdated .1 Yonge will be one of the biggest achievement in our decade.
So we must mark our time with great architecture and this project will do it.
I don't have any insider information like many here , but i just express my love for these 3 towers.
:cool:

/I am glad to see they are becoming serious with the project.
This project will make the harbour experience and the skyline great again.
I am confident that the project will transform positively the downtown and make the pride of all Torontonians.
What i love the most in the project is that it's very futuristic.
With the choice of colors,the style and the claddings will make the project stand out compared to other .
Even in 100 years in the future ,1 yonge will not be outdated .1 Yonge will be one of the biggest achievement in our decade.
So we must mark our time with great architecture and this project will do it.
I don't have any insider information like many here , but i just express my love for these 3 towers.
:cool:

Yes ! I guest you can say this development is going to stand out from the other buildings. But as far as the colour of the facades go. It looks the same as all the buildings. Using the blue, green and black and white colour effect which I'm getting sick of!

Yes ! I guest you can say this development is going to stand out from the other buildings. But as far as the colour of the facades go. It looks the same as all the buildings. Using the blue, green and black and white colour effect which I'm getting sick of!
Ugh?, as far as i know there hasn't been any real renderings of this development:confused:

They are glass tower. You can bet they aren't going to use red, purple, orange, gold, etc. coloured glazing. This isn't Dubai.

I'm not a big fan of the mirror quality reflective glass used in the high heat of the Dubai desert. I wouldn't like to live in a building either with a coloured glass that tints the view and the inside of my unit. I can't blame developers from steering away from those colours. So much more could be done with the growing amount of spandrel on these buildings.

Yea they look real nice but expensive for any developer to use in this city. You know there going to cut cost on windows etc because of the time and money. Since they created the law to protect the moraine and green lands. The percentage of building condos went up 60 /40 over homes. Allowing developers to build more quantity then quality style condos. To serve about one hundred thousand newcomers every year in the metro area . As a result I think the majority of this city's condos are going to look thrifty in the future.

Back