Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

It is disappointing that this is phase 1 and not the taller tower, but this one has a lot of affordable units. Makes sense it wouldn't be the show stopper, also it has always looked pretty boring in the renders. Let's just hope that the taller tower makes up for it. Maybe they are saving money here to spend more money on its sibling.

I don't dislike the design and architectural expression of this tower.
I love the wave pattern design on the building ,but they do a better job.
It's true that the quality of the architecture decreased and i am afraid that it's continue again.
This area deserve something extraordinary because it's the face of the city.
So i am optimistic that they will not make something horrible here.
I am not so alarmist because it,s not the render of all the project.It's only one of the 5 towers.
So we will wait to see what will happen.

It is disappointing that this is phase 1 and not the taller tower, but this one has a lot of affordable units. Makes sense it wouldn't be the show stopper, also it has always looked pretty boring in the renders. Let's just hope that the taller tower makes up for it. Maybe they are saving money here to spend more money on its sibling.

You realize that's what we've said to ourselves for Cityplace right?

AoD

Ok. That is a fair point. I understand the concern. Also it is worth noting that my least favourite HPA project to date was also a pinnacle project.
I'd rather be optimistic until I see the materials, and plans for the other phases.

This is what happens when condos are built for investors and not end users.

In my opinion, Hariri Pontarini has produced the best overall body of work of any architecture firm in the city, over recent years. I respect their work in general. At first sight, this does not look like one of their stronger efforts, however.

My own aesthetic preferences lean to the clean and simple, so I think the tower is at least adequate, though definitely not exciting. I have no problem with the height at all. 1 Yonge Street is an obvious and appropriate site for tall structures, in my view. Like many other posters, however, I am dismayed by the way the podium meets the street. The renders almost make it look as if they haven't worked on that area yet, as if there should be a note added, "to be completed at a later date."

I hope the Design Review Panel suggests they go back and fill in the blanks by designing a better interface with the street.

At least there is a 2 storey community centre in this first phase which will serve the larger precinct . As already noted, the podium as presented doesn't appear to offer much to the street. Perhaps this is something the city and developer will work on.

not so sure about that. These units look very marketed to end users, most are 1+dens, larger units. Not the bachelor or awkward 1 bedroom units with minimal square footage that investors like.

Windowless "dens" don't do much for the liveability of an apartment. The fact that it has more 2 bedrooms than Toronto average isn't saying much, considering how low the standard is here. I was referring to the insistence on a balcony on every unit, and a square floorplate for maximizing units per floor, which results in mediocre architecture, and why 90% of new builds in this city are so damn boring.

Yikes - what a disappointment. Pinnacle Centre redux - which I guess shouldn't be a big surprise to many of us.

Back