Toronto Pan Am Village in the West Don Lands | ?m | ?s | DundeeKilmer | KPMB

55% that's pretty good ! I bet Monde is still under 50% : - ) ... it is much larger to be fair ... but it's been almost year now for sales right ??

55% that's pretty good ! I bet Monde is still under 50% : - ) ... it is much larger to be fair ... but it's been almost year now for sales right ??

Exactly...plus Canary District is approx. $560/sq.ft. vs. $700/sq.ft for Monde. Mind you Monde is beautiful and over-looking the lake...but only 40% sold right now and launched a year ago. Hoping the Bayside condo launch in 2013 will help with sales in East Bayfront, including Monde.

But...Canary District is guaranteed to be built...which is great...unlike most other projects which could be shelved, perhaps due to poor sales. Daniels also has a winning formula (and deep pockets) of building condo apts and townhomes ahead of pre-construction sales and then selling them after a ton of marketing and pent-up demand. The line-ups for their "First Home" projects are insane...and they sell out in a few hours. It gives people confidence when they can see something actually under construction or already built and ready for immediate occupancy.

Monde is just 40% now ? Wow it was 30% months ago ... or so I heard ...

Wow, have they started to market those new buildings? Or is Canary District the only one so far?

Canary District condos will take 2 cranes i believe. Block 4 will take up 2 to. block 16 will take up just 1 crane others i have no clue. Does not say on the report. I believe they are not marketed yet though. Cant wait for the step building though. Also looking forward for the green roofs and I hope trees mature before the games. I don't want it to end up like the Vancouver Olympic Village

Which map are you using? The most recent (I believe) has Block 4 as the YMCA (the KPMB-designed facility under construction now at the north-east corner of Front and Cherry. Where is this new crane in relation to other things?

Which map are you using? The most recent (I believe) has Block 4 as the YMCA (the KPMB-designed facility under construction now at the north-east corner of Front and Cherry. Where is this new crane in relation to other things?

The new crane is on the block immediately east of the old Dominion Wheel Foundry building at the junction of Old Eastern Avenue, St lawrence Street and just west of Lawren Harris Square.

On this pdf (from the City dated September 2012) it IS Block 4 http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2012/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-50435.pdf

Last edited:
Yep, same as the map currently used on the Canary District website:

site-plan.jpg

The six cranes in place right now

The fifth one (left to right) at the back is the new crane for Block 4, and the last one to the right is the one for the Canary District Condos.

These shots were taken last week (November 13, 2012). Apologies for the delay in posting them...

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

Zooming in a bit closer

IMG_0545.jpg

And a close up on the YMCA/GBC construction site:

IMG_05462.jpg

Back