Toronto Ontario Place | ?m | ?s | Infrastructure ON

Those "improved connections" better be really, really improved, otherwise the canal district shops won't thrive without people living nearby to support them.

The renderings depict many happy people enjoying themselves. It basically looks like the old Ontario Place with less asphalt. That alone should bring out people in droves ;)

Don't like the parking lots. They should either cover them or replace with a garage. Don't want to have a view of a asphalt desert as I walk from a (improved?) transit loop.

Land-Bridge.jpg

See this link for other images.

Aerial.jpg

Front page story with renderings here.

Yep, I agree, the parking lots need to go underground, with some new attractions on top. I'm happy to hear this is moving foreword.

I noticed that the renderings include an expanded BMO field... But still oddly without a roof over the stands.

Also I'm really glad they'd be saving the pods and the Cinesphere.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am glad to see the parking lots revitalized into something better - but the rendering makes it look like they have been replaced with a parking lot for trees.

Last edited:
I'm ok with the parking lots because they're taking an incremental approach. Let the market decide what goes there instead of forcing some attraction in to fill the space. As development of the Exhibition Grounds continues, future generations will find a use for those parking lots and parking will be put underground.

Until there is better (any) decent public transit to the area there will be need for parking. I hope they will work out a way for the Exhibition streetcar to be extended further west and south but realise it will be a problem to run it through the Ex site (unless it were combined with a roller coaster?) The Waterfront West LRT line seems to be dead but if people are to be attracted to OP all year there really needs to be transit.

Back