Toronto Ontario Place | ?m | ?s | Infrastructure ON

Interesting that the government agreed to stop rather than actually fight it in court. It doesn't seem like a very strong case for the activists. It's just a week until the hearing starts, but could be months to get a decision. That said, it seems they didn't agree to stop work pending the decision, just until the day of the hearing.

I finally got around to reading the decision posted above, and found the answer to my question. It pays to read things!

[57] At the case conference before Callaghan J. on June 28, 2024, the parties agreed that rather than schedule an interlocutory injunction, the application itself would be scheduled on a short timetable returnable July 19, 2024. Ontario voluntarily agreed that it would not cause or permit any permanent destruction of any trees, shrubs, or buildings at Ontario Place between the date of the appearance before Callaghan J. and July 19, 2024 at 6:00 p.m. As I reserved my decision at the end of argument on July 19, 2024, Ontario agreed, at my request, that it would voluntarily continue that undertaking until 6:00 p.m. on July 26, 2024, or until I released my decision, whichever came first.​

That's on the shortlist for building housing, but could be a good "pop up" location.
I believe the surface Green P lot at 35 Bellevue is going to be built out. However the topic was parking garage rooftops so I suspect the property @JasonParis is talking about is at 20 St. Andrew St.

It's also getting a repaving job so I don't think it's going anywhere.

So I just past the garage at Bramalea GO and got a shot for reference for the one here. This one is 2,100 spaces so 5,000 would be twice the size. 😫

IMG_6206.jpeg

So I just past the garage at Bramalea GO and got a shot for reference for the one here. This one is 2,100 spaces so 5,000 would be twice the size. 😫

View attachment 585755
Great reference for comparison. But I think they need 2700 spots for the OP anchor tenants not 5000.

There are some surface spots at OP that will remain, so if they go with building the parkade within the Ex, they would need something very comparable in size to the Bramalea GO parkade.

Alternatively, they could go with the plan no one wants - to convert the surface parking at OP into a giant parkade which would be somewhat bigger than the Bramalea GO parkade, (but not double).

Great reference for comparison. But I think they need 2700 spots for the OP anchor tenants not 5000.

There are some surface spots at OP that will remain, so if they go with building the parkade within the Ex, they would need something very comparable in size to the Bramalea GO parkade.

Alternatively, they could go with the plan no one wants - to convert the surface parking at OP into a giant parkade which would be somewhat bigger than the Bramalea GO parkade, (but not double).
Really?! I had 5,000 in my head as the number! Good correction! Still…

Really?! I had 5,000 in my head as the number! Good correction! Still…
Yeah, it's still quite big. I hope it can be broken up into smaller buildings of mixed use and some of it could still be underground (but mainly on the Ex side, not the OP side).

Back