Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

Ford can be as "pro-subway" as you want him to be, and support all of the subway building in the world till the cows come home. But how many subways did he and his brother get approved during their time in power again?

It was the anti Ford council that stonewalled and allows you to make this wishy-washy statement. He had a deal in place with McGuinty and it was others on council who went against everything he tried to do and prevent it. Currently the DRL is supported by the City under Tory and if the Premier supports it, it will in all likelihood be built.

Anyway the focus of my point was less about Ford and more that Liberals will feel more heat to be firmer on subways now that a very pro subway Candidate is in the running and that's a good thing for the hopes of the DRL.

Last edited:
It was the anti Ford council that stonewalled and allows you to make this wishy-washy statement. He had a deal in place with McGuinty and it was others on council who went against everything he tried to do and prevent it. Currently the DRL is supported by the City under Tory and if the Premier supports it, it will in all likelihood be built.

Anyway the focus of my point was less about Ford and more that Liberals will feel more heat to be firmer on subways now that a very pro subway Candidate is in the running and that's a good thing for the hopes of the DRL.
City council blocked the Fords from doing anything in the transit file because their ideas made absolutely no sense plain and simple. I simply posed the question to you of how many subways they got approved during their time in municipal politics, it wasnt much of a statement actually.

We know the DRL will be built, that has never been in question. The whole issue with this line has been *when* will it be built. The Fords could have accelerated it, but they chose to focus on their delusional subway ideas while the DRL just sat on the table without any progress being made.

City council blocked the Fords from doing anything in the transit file because their ideas made absolutely no sense plain and simple. I simply posed the question to you of how many subways they got approved during their time in municipal politics, it wasnt much of a statement actually.

We know the DRL will be built, that has never been in question. The whole issue with this line has been *when* will it be built. The Fords could have accelerated it, but they chose to focus on their delusional subway ideas while the DRL just sat on the table without any progress being made.

And how did the delusional Mayor pre-Ford do with the DRL? Ford was busy trying to tear up the short sighted, poorly connected, car lane losing, majority non grade separated LRT plan from the previous admin with the support of the people who live here. Im just thankful Tory has atleast tried to find some middle ground and glad to see Ford about to pressure Wynne into funding the DRL sooner possibly and giving the SSE a greater chance to have a stop added back in. All good signs for the most important plan people support in the areas impacted the most.

I really do want to know how such projects will get funded when at the same time the PC's have made it no secret that taxes will remain low, and the Carbon Tax is out the window. It seems like the PC's are trying to have their cake and eat it to.

I really do want to know how such projects will get funded when at the same time the PC's have made it no secret that taxes will remain low, and the Carbon Tax is out the window. It seems like the PC's are trying to have their cake and eat it to.

Through finding efficiencies...There are billions in waste in the government and Ford will find it to build transit just like he found billions in efficiencies in Toronto...

Through finding efficiencies...There are billions in waste in the government and Ford will find it to build transit just like he found billions in efficiencies in Toronto...

Mr Ford just need to open the Excel spreadsheet with Ontario's finances, and open the sheet entitled "Government Waste", which the Liberal government uses to keep track how much money they want to waste annually. Easy.

Mr Ford just need to open the Excel spreadsheet with Ontario's finances, and open the sheet entitled "Government Waste", which the Liberal government uses to keep track how much money they want to waste annually. Easy.

Ford may as well borrow debt to finance transit expansion. No way the ~ $300 billion debt the Province owes is ever going to clear itself within any of our lifetimes. The Tories can talk a good game about austerity but we'll see how that actually plays out if elected.

Are you doubting Mr. Efficiency?

Ford may as well borrow debt to finance transit expansion. No way the ~ $300 billion debt the Province owes is ever going to clear itself within any of our lifetimes. The Tories can talk a good game about austerity but we'll see how that actually plays out if elected.

I wonder if the PCs are ever going to revise their platform with realistic spending targets, or are they going to go with Ford's lies and deceptive promises,

Don’t forget the “downtown already have subways” quip.

For governments more often than not it is about adjusting the pace it is being added to so GDP growth will outpace debt growth. In any case, if one is truly serious about tackling debt, they’d raise taxes and cut services. No one is suggesting that as a solution - and during his tenure at the city his family didn’t dealt with the biggest line item - the police budget. Tells you all really.

AoD

Last edited:
In The GTA, am I right that where the DRL is proposed to run, it passes through more ridings than any of the other transit proposals?

Back