Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

There is leak information about the height of Number one Bloor. Someone asked a construction foreman at X-condo building which GG is the current the developer, how tall it will be number one bloor tower. as he did not want to unveil floor plan but he hints the tower will stood 56 storeys including 8 floor of podium he also added GG is working now the new design of building

He is most likely just guessing.:rolleyes:

I wonder why don't they aim high.

They could easily sell it...

Well unless the prices are way to high...

He is most likely just guessing.:rolleyes:

Yeah I would be suprised if he new unless he asked a G.G representative because there is usually no connection between the contractor and Architect other than they were hired for the same project. Meaning the contractor would not generally know what is going in the architects office.

What are the odds that when the new design is revealed, almost everybody here starts wishing that Bazis had not lost control of the site?

What if he meant 56 for tower + 8 for podium.... 64 floors?

Oh wait... why would a construction worker know anything about this brand new project? It's still being designed. Nevermind ;)

lets hope for 12 foot ceilings just like in the trump tower?

i really hope this project is going to be more then just interesting. when is the render gonna show up?

Let's not yet jump to any conclusions yet. Perhaps GG may chose more space. I think since this is a prime location, something spectacular should be built on the site. Our city deserves something better. It's a shame that Toronto has settled for medicrity. Anything less than 800 feet on that site is a wasted use of prime land.

Well the problem isn't about the building not selling.

Its about getting financing!!

Can someone please explain....

Why a tower on this site has to be something like 80 floors in order to considered a landmark?

I understand grand scale and but the notion that height alone is the measuring stick for creating a landmark at this corner baffles me. I rather see an interesting design over height any day of the week.

This obsession with height really gets tiresome after a while and this is coming from a guy who loves tall buildings. I expect something more than this now in a tower.

This obsession with height really gets tiresome after a while and this is coming from a guy who loves tall buildings. I expect something more than this now in a tower.

I drool over the magnificence of skyscrapers too. But I too don't have any respect for this obsession for height.

To put 99% of your time obsessing over height tells me that you don't know much about urban design or architecture and that I can't take you seriously. I just can't respect the heightmongers.

I drool over the magnificence of skyscrapers too. But I too don't have any respect for this obsession for height.

To put 99% of your time obsessing over height tells me that you don't know much about urban design or architecture and that I can't take you seriously. I just can't respect the heightmongers.

Come on........SP!RE, Im sure 99% of us wouldn't mind to see a well designed shorter building in this location. The reason a tall building is mentioned for this lot is cause its already approved for a 900 footer.

Back