Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

No, I do understand in this case to some extent. It's quite a landmark location.

But there are some people who are set to "Auto-heightmonger" and it really discounts their own credibility.

This corner needs to be engaging and well-designed and!-- functional-- before it needs to be x floors tall.

this is my guess .... but i think the first hint to the project is the colour of the boards.

there's definitely going to be some association with purple ... ;)

Maybe a purple glass box.:D

Now I'm wondering: are there any purple glass skyscrapers in the world? Depending on the shade, purple may not be that bad.

Toronto actually does have a relatively colourful skyline, but it is missing purple...perhaps The Woods of Aubergine will be relaunched? :)

Now I'm wondering: are there any purple glass skyscrapers in the world? Depending on the shade, purple may not be that bad.

Toronto actually does have a relatively colourful skyline, but it is missing purple...perhaps The Woods of Aubergine will be relaunched? :)

i think the closest Toronto came to having a purple skyscraper was Sapphire by Harry Stinson.

Why not dark green and gold, the colour of Chicago's 1929 Carbide & Carbon Building, supposedly inspired by the colours of a champagne bottle?

ZI5V9331A_lnd-1.jpg

chicago-1-1.jpg

This obsession with height really gets tiresome after a while and this is coming from a guy who loves tall buildings. I expect something more than this now in a tower.

To be fair, the demand for 'tall' here may not be so much about a fetish for height as a fetish for context. There are certain zones and sites in the city where height should be maximized, and this is one of them... and this is coming from a guy who is never really very concerned about building height on this forum.

That said, a super tall here would be very prominent and would look very impressive, provided the architecture is good too of course.

Tridel and Menkes?!? I think we have a better shot with GG running things. Perhaps if you said Concord, Emaar or El-ad

Back