Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Surely that's simply the way it goes. Seemingly out of nowhere, a new building comes along which sets a new precedent - and subsequently projects follow suit, using that building as the new yardstick. It's part of a long-established pattern; timing is everything.

But it's also worth noting that not every tall building deserves to be taller - it's about what developers wager the market will bear under existing market conditions.

From Leslieville yesterday afternoon

PnSheJ1.jpg

What a boring building. It's only hope is the balcony glass saves it. I'm not holding my breath.
I don't think it's boring. I think it's alright but it's getting too much hype for its design. You would think it was the Shard. Maybe because we have been getting so much mediocrity any design which is a little bit ok gets hyped.

What a boring building. It's only hope is the balcony glass saves it. I'm not holding my breath.

Well look who's back with a new account after having been banned over a year ago. You are one trick pony who's only purpose is to troll about one thing and one thing only: that One Bloor is boring. Says you. Got it wrong.

I like this tower. True, the general massing is a box for the most part..... just as many towers are, but I don't find it boring at all. I find it quite sleek looking and the curves along the sides of the building are very nice.

Why are so many threatened by another's opinion that a building is boring? Personally, I want to hear everyone's opinion, not just those I happen to agree with. In the end, a robust discussion of a project's pros and cons helps to generate positive change within a city's architectural community/industry.

Great Gulf's 1 Bloor East is good, but not great, in my opinion.

Why are so many threatened by another's opinion that a building is boring? Personally, I want to hear everyone's opinion, not just those I happen to agree with. In the end, a robust discussion of a project's pros and cons helps to generate positive change within a city's architectural community/industry.
I'm all for dissent, but when the entirety of the criticism is "this building is boring", you have to wonder what's being added to the discussion. In this case, I'd say nothing at all, and I suspect the poster's goal was just to stir the pot. Attention-seeking behaviour is the only boring thing here.

Thank you! Way over hyped for a square box with balconies. 88 Scott for my taste could be the sleeper...time will tell.

It is kinda boring, but the height is beautiful!

Back