Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Electrical update:

22625022235_44d0029bf7_h.jpg

Damn you balcony glass rise up already! :mad:
I can't say for a fact but my gut tells me that they have a concern. If they match it up with the glass on the podium it will in my opinion look horrible. This buildings only hope is from the affect of the balcony curves. If they don't get that right than this turns into a major disappointment.

I can't say for a fact but my gut tells me that they have a concern. If they match it up with the glass on the podium it will in my opinion look horrible. This buildings only hope is from the affect of the balcony curves. If they don't get that right than this turns into a major disappointment.

It's already a major disappointment to you in any case, so you really aren't telling us anything new about how you feel. vs. what was said over a year ago by you. Give it up already.

No you were right the first time. The glass is becoming as I suspected it would very "tacky" Sad when you think what could have been at one of Toronto's most prestigious intersections..... before some of you blow a blood vessel remember that's my opinion.

Not sure if like is the right word. I suspect that the renderings are going to outperform the finished product by a long shot. I was also hoping for something far more dramatic and interesting for that corner. I hope in this case I got It wrong. Like I said 4 months ago, lets take a look in July.

MoD

It's already a major disappointment to you in any case, so you really aren't telling us anything new about how you feel. vs. what was said over a year ago by you. Give it up already.

MoD

I agree in some respect, I think the tower portion is quite striking, the patterns are subtle and high quality. However, in seeing the photos the Yonge Street podium really misses the mark. While its glass it feels really heavy and disjointed from the street, missing the elegance of the Bloor street frontage. The retail portion may end up being striking due to the quality of the tenant, but the balconies above really don't add anything of substance and unfortunately it will be highly visible to anyone walking on the west side of Yonge Street.

the white balcony glass will make the building look dated. I Looked at Aqua blding in chicago & Great Gulf should think about doing something similar. GG might want to paint the balcony ceilings a brighter white & have something like black iron/steel railings. However you look at this, the balconies are a conundrum wrapped in an enigma

MoD
Seems some other people share my concern. The point is simple...i believe the glass on the balconies is not being installed because there may be a concern it doesn't work. If they continue with the glass on the podium they have a problem as the curves will not be accented thus a major design failure.

Back