Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

I find it fascinating how people are so into apple stores. It's filled with tables of their product line that just repeats itself. And how often are you in the market for a $2000 laptop or $900 phone. I thought most people get their iPhones as part of their service providers contract anyways. And it's filled with so many employees who the few times I've been in one the sales people don't seem to enquire into my interest for being there. Most of the people look like their just there to loiter and play on the devices like its a hangout spot. Also how is a big flagship apple store offer more then your run of the mill ones in the malls... Some more accessories on the wall? Maybe I'm missing something but I don't get the huge popularity of them.

Also, from those pics the retail spaces look very high ceilings, makes me think another floor of retail could of been put in if they were lowered a bit but if it a brand looking for a flagship site, I guess they'd be looking for that grand look of high ceilings.
I think the obsession with them on this forum is based solely on the aesthetic of their flagship stores; which is a ridiculous reason to want something (if that's the case).

From the CN Tower (Skypod), taken Friday:

upload_2015-10-18_22-9-1.jpeg

AoD

Attachments

• upload_2015-10-18_22-9-1.jpeg
    upload_2015-10-18_22-9-1.jpeg
    323.4 KB · Views: 1,718
I find it fascinating how people are so into apple stores. It's filled with tables of their product line that just repeats itself. And how often are you in the market for a $2000 laptop or $900 phone. I thought most people get their iPhones as part of their service providers contract anyways. And it's filled with so many employees who the few times I've been in one the sales people don't seem to enquire into my interest for being there. Most of the people look like their just there to loiter and play on the devices like its a hangout spot. Also how is a big flagship apple store offer more then your run of the mill ones in the malls... Some more accessories on the wall? Maybe I'm missing something but I don't get the huge popularity of them.

Apple stores have the highest per square foot sales in retail, so no, not everyone in there is just playing. Near the back of the stores, you also have people getting help with their Apple products, whether they're there for seminars to learn to better use the hardware and software, or troubleshooting issues with "geniuses". The customer care is second to none.

Apple flagship stores typically have more rooms beyond the main sales floors to make the seminars go more smoothly in quieter spaces, especially in regards to the music creation program Garageband where you really do need quiet to get anywhere.

Also, from those pics the retail spaces look very high ceilings, makes me think another floor of retail could of been put in if they were lowered a bit but if it a brand looking for a flagship site, I guess they'd be looking for that grand look of high ceilings.

If you read the front page story from Friday, you'll find that another retail floor can be inserted in the 42' tall double-height space. BTW, there's no such thing as "could of", it's "could have".

Yup: everything is working on this building AFAIC. That glass looks gorgeous in that close-up, too.

Meanwhile, our last story from this trip into the building is now up, here, for you to check out now that the game is over!

It covers the super-tall penthouse levels and the great views from up there. We have way more pics than we could fit in the story of course, and no doubt you'll see more soon in the thread. Here's one of mine we didn't use, rain about to hit Yonge and Eglinton:

DSC07487.jpg

Cheers!

Attachments

• DSC07487.jpg
    DSC07487.jpg
    312.8 KB · Views: 1,309
More from the top...

One Bloor by Marcus Mitanis, on Flickr