Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

March 30th:

1beIMG_2793.jpg

Attachments

• 1beIMG_2793.jpg
    1beIMG_2793.jpg
    588.5 KB · Views: 3,076
From just now. More glazing up on the west elevation lower mechanical level. More balcony railings installed.
Taken from the Uptown Res?

The only discoloured part of the mechanical cladding would be the air gaps that are the spaces between the floor plates of the mechanical levels. The colour itself is so close to what is clad below that it doesn't bother me.

I do wonder how it would have looked if the mechanical level cladding carried all the way down the building (as in, if there were no balconies at all and just smooth, uninterrupted waves going up and down the building).

The under side of the balconies I think really helps contrast and make the waves stand out. If there were no balconies I think the effect would be a lot more flat by comparison.

Looks like balcony glass installation is not going that fast. I hope there are no problems with glass supply.

I hate when everyone jumps onto this assumption that since balcony glass installation isn't occurring at a rapid pace, that it's either a defect or supply issue.

Balconies simply aren't a priority. It's not important. The developer doesn't care that the public can't see what the outer shell is going to look like. Their priority is having the inside of the building ready for occupancy. Having completed balconies is near the bottom of the priority list.

Back