Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,457
The balconies are going to do so much good to reinforce the waves in facade. Can't wait to see how the crown looks.

Stunning. Question though. I recall reading in the application that they would have light panels lower on the tower as well... I'm not sure if that just means digital ad space or if it means something else. Those more solid white panels along the top of the podium - what are they? Why are they different? Is there any chance that they are light panels? Perhaps similar to what is being used at H&M?
I feel like if they were... We would have seen signs by now. But I've been curious as to why they are different for some time now

Either way would be really great if the lights were white and blue and undulated like the balconies

Last edited:
Anyone know why Nordstrom Rack is opening in 2018? 2+ years seems like a long time to fit the space out.

Anyone know why Nordstrom Rack is opening in 2018? 2+ years seems like a long time to fit the space out.

Was thinking the same thing. But I guess we don't know when Great Gulf is turning the space over to anyone yet as it's still a major construction site. It could be less than two years, like a Jan 2nd, 2018 opening. The whole corner will be cleaned up significantly by next year with landscaping, etc.

True, though I wish they'd gone the same route as Aura and opened up the retail while the tower was still under construction. As for landscaping - half the granite pavers on Yonge have already been installed - they've been installing it patchwork over the last year - it seems like an insanely inefficient way to go about it though.

The only problem I see with this tower is that the side fronting Bloor st is awkwardly flat compared to the curves everywhere else on the tower.

Nordstrom has stated that they're not rushing into it. I assume they have to line up some other locations to open around the same time, as a single Rack store is not going to be a moneymaker for them.

Back