Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

sad choice for one bloor retail

Agreed. Sad choice.

As others have already asked, why is this sad? I know that there are the Apple store fanboys, not to mention the luxury fanboys, who have been dreaming about what might go in, regardless of whether any of those brands actually have any interest, but I think the Nordstrom outlet is a nice addition to Bloor Yorkville's fashion mix. Having some more affordable options on the periphery of the strip is good for the health of the shopping district. Nothing to ejaculate over, but nonetheless good for the long-term attractiveness of this area for shoppers.

With the addition of Rack the retail mix at Yonge & Bloor will be diversified and it will attract a much higher foot traffic than a high luxury brand store.

Bingo.

I'm glad to have Nordstrom Rack coming across the street from where I live since I can actually afford to shop there. I can't afford to shop anywhere else in the neighbourhood (except H&M and Winners).

I'm glad to have Nordstrom Rack coming across the street from where I live since I can actually afford to shop there. I can't afford to shop anywhere else in the neighbourhood (except H&M and Winners).

Zara?

The 38,600-square-foot store is scheduled to open in 2018 at the southeast corner of Yonge and Bloor Streets in Toronto, in the retail podium of 'One Bloor East'. About 10,000 square feet will be on the ground level, with the remainder on the second floor, according to sources.
http://www.retail-insider.com/retail-insider/2016/2/nordstrom-rack

It'll be interesting to see if they have the corner space at Yonge & Bloor - since the plans (maybe outdated plans) show the corner unit as the only access to the basement retail space (and well as 2nd floor) - for a potentially 3 level space.
Nordstrom Rack is supposed to have space on the ground level and about half of the 2nd level, not the basement.
So maybe Nordstrom Rack's entrance will be farther south on Yonge or farther east on Bloor.

Last edited:
I like Harvey's but their burgers feel like they have a membrane on the outside. They have a kind of plastic texture/skin to them.

It is unfortunate that there won't be a super-sized Funland Arcade. Blame the popularity of video games, though those did not prevent Playdium in Mississauga from closing up.

I was just teasing. I don't actually play video games at all anymore. I'd say the main reason arcades have closed down left and right is because the graphics quality of home console games have matched/surpassed any game you would find in an arcade.

Back