Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

I was merely indicating the number of "concrete" slabs remaining until the building tops out, I also wanted to indicate that the penthouse suites occupy both 75th and 76th floors, which was not represented in the project being noted as 75 stories.

Just wondering though how do we just ignore mechanical and roof slabs as existing, I don't believe they should be included in the number of floors (ex. title of forum) but should they not be considered when thinking of how many floors are left to building completion, especially considering that they take much longer to set up the formwork equipment than the typical floors that use truss systems??

Good point. Also of note is the number of floor slabs that are left out of the count due to ridiculous superstitions?

When UrbanToronto counts floors, we take note if the building is skipping 13 or any 4s, and we adjust the total to reflect the reality. They are not skipping numbers here.

Anyone know the elevation difference between Bloor/Yonge and King/Bay? Curious to know which building will have Toronto's highest roofline above sea level.

EarthTools.org shows the elevation of King & Bay as 99m/324.8ft and Bloor & Yonge at 133m/436.4ft

Interesting to use this tool to compare 1BE's more southern height rival, Aura. I get approx 340 ft for Aura ASL compared to 1BE at 436 ft ASL, a difference of ~96 ft. Aura is 896 ft tall. So when 1BE tops off at 844 ft then it should appear ~ 40 ft taller than Aura, especially viewed in a panoramic sweep from the east or west. Impressive indeed!

Hullmark?

Hullmark doesnt quite beat One Bloor in height above sea level (approx. 1138' ASL vs. 1224' ASL respectively), but amazing how ground elevation can help/hinder in how tall a building actually is based on the same datum.
(Aura in comparison is approx. 1176' ASL)

Last edited:
So One Bloor is the tallest?

For now....

Ground Roof Antenna
Burj Kalifa ? 638 828
Willis 200 642 727
CN Tower 91 548 644
1WTC 57 474 603
The 1 133 451
M-G 91 406
FCP 99 397 455
1BE 133 390
Hullmark 190 361

Had some free time last night and got carried away.........

Last edited:
danwaring said:
Hullmark doesnt quite beat One Bloor in height above sea level (approx. 1138' ASL vs. 1224' ASL respectively), but amazing how ground elevation can help/hinder in how tall a building actually is based on the same datum.
(Aura in comparison is approx. 1176' ASL)

So One Bloor is the tallest?

I believe First Canadian Place still holds this title as it is around 1254' ASL not including the 187' antenna

From Yesterday:

One Bloor.jpg

Attachments

• One Bloor.jpg
    One Bloor.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 3,978

Back