Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

That is very true, I wish more was happening with the balconies as well as the retail. On another note, the terraces are coming along nicely.

Another 18 plus 4 mechanical levels :)
(there is a 2 level/3 suite penthouse on 75th/76th, Mechanical slabs at 77th & 78th, and then roof slab)

So you're saying there are 79 levels then, given they're currently working on level 57?

There seems to be a lot of disagreement about the final floor count. If that's the case, the final height will be greater than 844'.

So you're saying there are 79 levels then, given they're currently working on level 57?

There seems to be a lot of disagreement about the final floor count. If that's the case, the final height will be greater than 844'.

When the amount of floors is listed for a building it does not include the mechanical levels and only the habitable floors.

This building will be listed as 76 floors but in reality its around 79. I think ALL floors should be listed because they are physically present and make up the buildings final listed height.

No, the final height is 844': that's to the top of the glass parapet around the open roof area. The 79th level is the rooftop, and no-one ever, ever, ever, ever counts the rooftop, ever. Some people count the mechanical levels, but we don't include them in the total. If we did, then we'd call this building 78 storeys high… but then every building in the city would be counted at least one floor higher than currently, and maybe two floors like this one would be. The deal with mechanical is, though, that some buildings will have a single 18 foot hight mechanical level on top, which would be the approximate height of two regular storeys… and maybe it has a mezzanine covering 7% of the area. Do you count that? And floor heights vary from building to building anyway, so…

Stick with the height in metres or feet if you want to compare buildings, and use the number of storeys as a loose reference for how many floors of condos or offices or whatever there are inside, and don't worry about that number so much.

No, the final height is 844': that's to the top of the glass parapet around the open roof area. The 79th level is the rooftop, and no-one ever, ever, ever, ever counts the rooftop, ever.

No-one ever? The member I just finished quoting did it: 57 + 18 + 4 = 79.

Though I would certainly never count the rooftop slab in the overall height in storeys, I'm not imagining or misinterpreting anything.

No one ever, ever, ever counts the roof slab when quoting the number of floors of a building whilst being "correct". Ever.

No one ever, ever, ever counts the roof slab when quoting the number of floors of a building whilst being "correct". Ever.

Of course this makes conceptual sense. Counting the roof slab would be like saying a bungalow has two floors because it has a floor and a roof. I think people get confused because of the sheer number of floors on a tower like this one, but in fact the logic remains the same.

That hateful little Xerox building behind One Bloor is 17 floors. So basically picture that slammed on top plus a few more floors. Pretty impressive.

Heard today while walking up Yonge: "Holy shit, I can't believe how tall that building is!" Little did they know, there's still another 20 storeys to go.

DarkSideDenizen; said:
No-one ever? The member I just finished quoting did it: 57 + 18 + 4 = 79.

Though I would certainly never count the rooftop slab in the overall height in storeys, I'm not imagining or misinterpreting anything.

I was merely indicating the number of "concrete" slabs remaining until the building tops out, I also wanted to indicate that the penthouse suites occupy both 75th and 76th floors, which was not represented in the project being noted as 75 stories.

Just wondering though how do we just ignore mechanical and roof slabs as existing, I don't believe they should be included in the number of floors (ex. title of forum) but should they not be considered when thinking of how many floors are left to building completion, especially considering that they take much longer to set up the formwork equipment than the typical floors that use truss systems??

Back