Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Ha! Don't tell me you've haven't been waiting to unload that one on the Forum!

(Not trying to being hard on you SNF, but despite your protestations you're pretty obviously excited!)

Lots of water here to deal with.

1b04.jpg

Just found out how they will be adding the 5 additional floors (to 75). They will be adding 3 additional floors to phase 1 above level 34. All whom have purchased on levels 35 to 62 inclusive will be moved up 3 floors. Phase 2 will now commence on level 38. Additionally, 2 levels will be added above the current level 62 and all Purchasers on current levels 63 to 70 will be moved up 5 floors. That is an interesting way of doing it!!

No one wonder they're still digging - they keep adding more floors. Frankly I think the developer is being greedy - the building was tall enough- they should just get it built. I'm tired of looking at a giant hole in the ground.

No one wonder they're still digging - they keep adding more floors. Frankly I think the developer is being greedy - the building was tall enough- they should just get it built. I'm tired of looking at a giant hole in the ground.

Hear, hear ..... I live right across the street and have to look at that big hole every day. Let's get pouring concrete already!

Last edited:
Just found out how they will be adding the 5 additional floors (to 75). They will be adding 3 additional floors to phase 1 above level 34. All whom have purchased on levels 35 to 62 inclusive will be moved up 3 floors. Phase 2 will now commence on level 38. Additionally, 2 levels will be added above the current level 62 and all Purchasers on current levels 63 to 70 will be moved up 5 floors. That is an interesting way of doing it!!

Seeing it's now 75 stories, does anyone have any info as to how tall it will be? I wonder if the people behind this are doing this in anticipation of Holt Renfrew getting approved, as well as Aura possibly adding more floors?

I also just remembered...aren't the CIBC and the Hudson Bay towers due for rumoured improvements? Don't forget the long-whispered about Yorkville megatalls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Skylyte. No-one here is forgetting about the other local plans, which all have their own threads.

UrbanToronto's dataBase entry has the latest info that we have regarding how tall One Bloor will be. AFAIK, there are no rumoured further increases to the height of Aura since its increase to 78 storeys. There have been rumours of another 5 storey increase to One Bloor. In regards to the word "megatall", you'll get some members pretty steamed with that term! Supertall is the generally accepted term for skyscrapers above 300 metres/1,000 feet high, and there are none proposed to reach that mark in Toronto in the moment. Megatall is now being used for towers over 600 metres/2,000 feet, and you'll see one of those in Toronto when… well, nowhere in the foreseeable future.

Mega-talls are built by mega-egos for reasons other than financial. I don't think Toronto, or Canada for that matter, is home to such a mega-ego, especially not one with billions of dollars to back him up. Canadian developers only build for maximum return at minimal investment. I don't see a mega-tall happening here in any of our life times.

(Burj Kalifa has 900 condos and is only now reaching 80% sold - it also has 37 floors of office space, 20 of which remain vacant)

Last edited:
Hello All. Long time lurker, but I happen to have a front row seat on this project (at least until it's over 15 floors or so), so I thought I'd share a pic. Enjoy.
1BloorOct11.jpg

Attachments

• 1BloorOct11.jpg
    1BloorOct11.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 583
thanks! That view point will be amazing for us for the next year or so.

I think I see the second crane's base beginning there too..

Back