Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

I laughed at your comment sMT. I heard how it should have been read. It was the same verbal double-take I did when I read the negative view of CASA.

There will have to be at least two. The first is at the Southern end of the Podium floors.

To be the center of the tower it would have to be about here...

YgQkY.jpg

(Original courtesy waterscapes-guy here )

Omg I am blonde, I quickly glanced at this pic with 2 cranes, not realizing its a future rendering. I just walked past the site, and saw only the south crane, wondering where the heck the other one went.....my partner must think I'm insane (getting there fast!lol). Never the less, it's nice to see one crane, and in the pit were two diggers and a bobcat working away at will soon become the foundation, bit of a mud pit down there, how on earth do they remove the mud before pouring? Anyways,just though you'd appreciate a humorous update!

Oooops, My Bad.

I should always make it clear when I am altering reality. This is how Internet rumours get started. Next time I'll add a watermark which reads "Not Reality" diagonally across the picture.

:cool:

Fair enough if your comment was in jest, but you should know that internet sarcasm doesn't always convey so well.

Totally agree! I've only been a member for a few months, but have ran into this problem several times, guess I just have to get to know your guys better, I have only good intentions and try to respect you, so please, forgive my rather impulsive past reactions, I'll do my best to roll with the punches (so to speak) and not take everything at face value, now, on to the topic at hand, does anyone know if the second crane is up? :D

Last edited:
New image from iOS6 maps:

amazing. the level of detail (and how current) the new 3d maps are is incredible. I read somewhere that they took high-res aerial photos to image the buildings. I can't imagine how much work/money that costs doing it from city to city.

amazing. the level of detail (and how current) the new 3d maps are is incredible. I read somewhere that they took high-res aerial photos to image the buildings. I can't imagine how much work/money that costs doing it from city to city.

It's actually one of the worst moves they've done yet. Sure some of the 3D maps look great but the level of detail in the maps doesn't come close to the Google Maps alternative. Some satellite images are covered in clouds, and worst of all they've gotten rid of metro directions. I heard a great analogy of the change, "It's like taking out you star forward in the playoffs in replace of a rookie since he'll get better this way."

Regretting the update right now.

Me too. I loved the 3d buildings, but the maps is useless for searching anything but exact addresses. I can't wait for google to come out with their independent app for the iPhone again. I will certainly be getting an android next time I purchase a phone!

Back