Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Several months ago it was rumoured, then confirmed by the developer, that they'd be going from 65 to 70. Then several weeks ago it was rumoured that they'd be going from 70 to 75, but it was never confirmed. Now the rumour is that they're back to 65 for some unknown reason.

I don't know this for a fact, but I believe the "75" was a misunderstanding. I believe they are striving for 70 stories and are running into technical difficulties. I believe the “75” was in reference to other buildings and somehow got transposed onto this one.

I don't know this for a fact, but I believe the "75" was a misunderstanding. I believe they are striving for 70 stories and are running into technical difficulties. I believe the “75” was in reference to other buildings and somehow got transposed onto this one.

All the rumours came from the same source, Buzz Buzz Homes. I can't speak to their sources.

Site plan approval for new mixed use building - 63900 combined residential commercial space - 6500m2 non res - 2 stories above grade - 785 dewlling units - 497 parking spaces - 5 levels below grade parking.- 65 stories above grade. Refer to parent by-law 1167-2008 - Previous Site plan approval applied for building under 07 277668 STE27 OZ. June 2011 re-submission shows 70 storeys and a slight reduction of units.

Status Date Dec 23, 2011

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...icationsList.do?action=init&folderRsn=2020130

You are correct and it was confirmed by the sales office on Saturday. Units are being sold up to the 70th floor.

Site plan approval for new mixed use building - 63900 combined residential commercial space - 6500m2 non res - 2 stories above grade - 785 dewlling units - 497 parking spaces - 5 levels below grade parking.- 65 stories above grade. Refer to parent by-law 1167-2008 - Previous Site plan approval applied for building under 07 277668 STE27 OZ. June 2011 re-submission shows 70 storeys and a slight reduction of units.

Status Date Dec 23, 2011

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...icationsList.do?action=init&folderRsn=2020130

Waiting for some life at Yonge & Bloor

1bm11.jpg

would a 2 storey foundation under a 70 storey structure even be safe? they must be going lower, but it has been flattened out so now im just confused

they definitely would have to go at least 2 times as deep. wtf they flatting it for? hmm this might be concerning like....they are flattening it because they are halting construction?

would a 2 storey foundation under a 70 storey structure even be safe? they must be going lower, but it has been flattened out so now im just confused

It's not the basement levels that keep the tower up, it's the massive pilings (essentially giant pillars driven into the earth) reaching the bedrock that stabilize the building. For example, Market Wharf has no basement levels at all.

very interesting. i know very little about foundation depth and building support. only time it really crosses my mind is when i go up the CN tower

Back