Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4W 1A9

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 12 134875 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Mar 9, 2012

Project: Multiple-Use Building New Building

Description: Proposal to construct a 75 storey mixed use building with 6 levels of below grade parking (531parking spaces), commercial on P1, ground and second floor and remaining residential dwellings (789 Units).

TORONTO ON M4W 1A9

Description: Proposal to construct a 75 storey mixed use building with 6 levels of below grade parking (531parking spaces), commercial on P1, ground and second floor and remaining residential dwellings (789 Units).

Does the Accepted Date indicate when the application was filed? If so that would mean that this application for 75 storeys was filed over a week after the tweet saying that it had gone back to 65.

TORONTO ON M4W 1A9

That is awesome.

How many cities have a 78, two 75, two 70 story buildings plus a multitude of 50 and sixty story buildings all going on at the same time? - with the inidication of even more to come!

Never thought I'd live to see this.

After waiting decades for some serious buildings downtown, we are now inundated with so many we can't keep track.

Simply awesome.

Ha, my sentiments exactly. I often try to pinpoint a year in the near future when this city will be dramatically transformed into the density/skyline of my dreams. A few years ago it was 2015, but my standards keep changing daily due to how many projects are happening. We'll almost have a mini Manhattan here in twenty years if it keeps up at this rate.

I have confirmed with the City they have received the Zoning Review Application from Great Gulf (which is obvious from Androiduk's post), but that they have not received the Planning Application yet. Until that application is submitted it won't be known exactly what variances are required by the 5 extra floors that are proposed, but it could be things like extra parking spaces, possibly GFA increases. Not height anyway: we know that the building is already approved for up to 80 floors from the old Bazis plan. If the application was asking asking for more floors I would change the '70s' in the title of the thread to 'seeking 75s', but since that's not going to be the crux of this application, no change to the thread title is forthcoming. I am looking forward to changing the title of the thread to include '75s' in the future though, assuming the other changes required to make the upwards extension fly get approved.

Back