Toronto One Bedford | ?m | 32s | Lanterra | KPMB

Frankly, I think it's very immature for anyone to deem certain areas "above" a Swiss Chalet or Harveys.

By comparison, go to the upscale districts in many cities around the world. When I was on the Champs Elysees, I ate lunch at a McDonalds.

I really hope Lanterra (or whoever is in charge of the retail units) doesn't handpick retailers because they simply have a certain cache. The fact of the matter is that it's across from UofT, not to mention that even-- gasp-- people who are not students eat at Swiss Chalet and Harveys.

/end frustration

Maybe a more kitschy retro type version of the chain would work well here?

Or something along the lines of Espresso Bar Mercurio just down the street. An indie coffee shop with solid healthy lunch options would do very well here. Perhaps another McEwan store? Or a version of Gilead Cafe?

I can imagine something like a Milestones here.

Boston Pizza downtown would be nice!

Actually, I *wouldn't* sneer at the idea of a Cara-sponsored "first Swiss Chalet at this location" plaque. (Though what other old-model SCs still exist? The persistence of the Yonge St Strip one is amazing...)

One Bedford from Afar

4099310344_e4787bb5b6_b.jpg

hope they put a Burger King in there...in part to see the high society types squirm. As someone often in the area, the more cheap food options the better. I miss the Pizza Hut down the street as a descent alternative to PizzaPizza.

The retail units seem to have high ceilings which means something more expensive than the typical fast food or dry cleaner.

Leases in condos like this pecifically exclude fast food restaurants as they cheapen the perception of the property. You're more likely to see high end retail shops attempt to move west across Bloor. An Apple store would be more likely...you have the intersection of University students and well moneyed residents. A perfect location.

Leases in condos like this pecifically exclude fast food restaurants as they cheapen the perception of the property. You're more likely to see high end retail shops attempt to move west across Bloor. An Apple store would be more likely...you have the intersection of University students and well moneyed residents. A perfect location.

It's nearly perfect. "Yonge and Bloor" sounds better for the brand's elite but inclusive image.

Back